Default Help with fuel issues

358 Late model on alcohol running out of fuel(running lean and getting warm/hot) on the track. Has happened with 2 different engines and at 3 different tracks. Have tried 2 different carbs, new fuel pump, new regulator, new fuel line, new fuel filter (yes, it's in right). Idles fine and good fuel pressure in garage or pits. 4-6 psi at idle, 10-12 at 3500 rpm. The driver has reported 3-5 psi on the track at wot.

Check the pick up in cell

Dropping fuel cell today and looking there. Any other ideas on things to check.

What kind of fuel pump are you running ?

Procam 15 psi pump

pressure test your line from tank to pump, and check the tank vent

Are you running a dead head regulator or return? I prefer the return style..

Check line sizes and points where they are strapped/ zip tied to the frame. My last car had the lines nearly pinched off from too tight of zip ties. Heard of some of the cheap push lock hose getting soft from just e85. My parts guy said I could use afco line but not his cheaper version because it wasn't rated for alcohol.

I had some fuel line start collapsing causing some goofy problems and pressures. It was the rubber liner that started collapsing when there was a fair bit of suction on that hose. Replaced it and life was much better.
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

Thanks for all the suggestions. Made some improvements in the pressure over the weekend. Still not what I'd like to see pressure wise, but definitley made some improvements.

Put hose clamps on all fuel line fittings. I ran the push lock fittings and had same issues. I put hose clamps on the fittings and problem solved

Make sure you are running AN10 size line to the pump to feed it. Also as suggested, run a return bypass system instead of a regulator. Check float levels.