Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Official Wheatland, MO Weather Thread

Making my first trip to Wheatland for the Show Me this week, and so far the weather looks good on Friday but not very good for Saturday. Sunday and Monday looks bad too as far as rescheduling goes... What weather source or app do you trust the most?

7 days out? I trust none this early.
    8/13/16

Few facilities have the resources, equipment, and mindset like LOS. Some tracks cancel quickly with concerns for a short gate or car count, not being critical of any promoter because in this day and time it's understandable. Not this place. First, the Show Me is a TV race, there is no curfew, and they have Sunday and Monday as rain dates, they will get this completed short of a four day monsoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Few facilities have the resources, equipment, and mindset like LOS. Some tracks cancel quickly with concerns for a short gate or car count, not being critical of any promoter because in this day and time it's understandable. Not this place. First, the Show Me is a TV race, there is no curfew, and they have Sunday and Monday as rain dates, they will get this completed short of a four day monsoon.
    Well said..... They will get it in.h

Thursday and Friday look fine as far as weather. Saturday looks kinda iffy.... But I'm confident. Last year woke up on Saturday morning to it raining and they got it in no problem.

The weather guessers guess the weather wrong about 50% of the time, and 7 days out its even worse.

For what its worth they got there weekly show in last night, have they ever cancelled any of there big latemodel shows ?

weather underground

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    weather underground
    Weather Underground? Is the race in a cave?

Lows in the 50's all three nights, good sleepin weather.
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

NOAA by far the best!!!! Radar is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivankrushnick View Post
    If not mistaken, weather underground makes use of some of noaa radar to formulate their forecasts............could be wrong though.
    You Sir are correct. Can't pull one past thee Old Dog!!!

Calling for rain all weekend long in Wheatland. This really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellGoode View Post
    Calling for rain all weekend long in Wheatland. This really sucks.
    It's only Monday. I watch the forecast change twice today alone. It'll probably change again by the time you wake up in the morning.

I sure hope so , but you are right it keeps changing. Sadly it keeps getting worse though

Thursday looks better highs in the 60s lows in the mid 40s. Friday's high around 70 possibility of showers late in the night. Saturday highs in 70s.... A chance of scattered Thunderstorms.

Woody and I rollin Thursday morning. They'll get the show in no matter what , I'm optimistic! Even if they don't, we can all take cover at the Diamond Bar!

Latest forecast is good for Friday night, but Saturday, Sunday, and Monday look horrible with 60% chance of rain all day. Anyway to do this in one night?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellGoode View Post
    Latest forecast is good for Friday night, but Saturday, Sunday, and Monday look horrible with 60% chance of rain all day. Anyway to do this in one night?
    Don't worry about it. They will get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Willie View Post
    Yeah Darell don't worry about it! Ky is only a hop skip and a jump away from Wheatland, and husky says they'll get it in. That's all you need to know!!!

Right husky buddy?? lol
    If he actually lives in Kevil KY he is no farther away than I am. And I have no 2nd thoughts about going down.

The only "dirt" at Wheatland is the actual track. Even the infield now has grass on it. There's no curfew, they have equipment to get the track ready. So yeah I'm not worried at all they'll get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    If he actually lives in Kevil KY he is no farther away than I am. And I have no 2nd thoughts about going down.

The only "dirt" at Wheatland is the actual track. Even the infield now has grass on it. There's no curfew, they have equipment to get the track ready. So yeah I'm not worried at all they'll get it in.

^^^^ I'm going with this ^^^^
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.