Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Kankakee still open?

Or is it Dead Man Walking?
    Last edited by $UMP$; 05-19-2015 at 06:58 AM.

go to google. com and type in "Kankakee speedway". The first entry that comes up is the web site for the track. They have the schedule and the results from last Friday

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    go to google. com and type in "Kankakee speedway". The first entry that comes up is the web site for the track. They have the schedule and the results from last Friday
    No cars and no fans in the stands. The cars are at Hartford and Farmers City. Must be some promoter issues

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    No cars and no fans in the stands. The cars are at Hartford and Farmers City. Must be some promoter issues
    Lol, they've ran 1 show this season...while everyone else canceled they actually attempted to get a show in on a crappy day and ran every Feature beating the rain.

Go try and cause drama somewhere else.
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post
    Lol, they've ran 1 show this season...while everyone else canceled they actually attempted to get a show in on a crappy day and ran every Feature beating the rain.

Go try and cause drama somewhere else.
    Oh I dont cause the Kankakee drama I post what I have been hearing on why there are no cars and fans in the stands!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

For a guy that claims to "absolutely know what your talking about" sounds like your posting "what you hear" and you actually know jack $hit!

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    For a guy that claims to "absolutely know what your talking about" sounds like your posting "what you hear" and you actually know jack $hit!
    Don't fall into the trap guy. $UMP$ only wants to cause controversy at every turn. He's baiting you praying that someone, ANYONE will bite. Don't do it. Ignore him and eventually he'll go away or get banned like his buddy LITE-INN and this board will be a better place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    I know because you dont know who I heard it from!

Don't matter what you heard or from who, all you do is start (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). You claim to be from the St Louis area so why do care what happens at Kankakee. I think the promoter did the right thing by trying to get some racing in on a night most would have cancelled. We had no problem with the features only and we got 20 laps of racing in our class. No different than a regular night where we run 8 lap heats and 15 lap features. I like the features only we were paid and outta there at 9:45 and we were the last feature. I don't think the fans were upset, they got to watch five good 20 lap races and the promoter is discounting $2 this Friday to anyone who keeps there ticket from last Friday this week. The economy around the Kankakee area is terrible and has been for a while, that's one of the biggest reasons the stands are not full. Keep up the good work Smitty and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    Don't matter what you heard or from who, all you do is start (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). You claim to be from the St Louis area so why do care what happens at Kankakee. I think the promoter did the right thing by trying to get some racing in on a night most would have cancelled. We had no problem with the features only and we got 20 laps of racing in our class. No different than a regular night where we run 8 lap heats and 15 lap features. I like the features only we were paid and outta there at 9:45 and we were the last feature. I don't think the fans were upset, they got to watch five good 20 lap races and the promoter is discounting $2 this Friday to anyone who keeps there ticket from last Friday this week. The economy around the Kankakee area is terrible and has been for a while, that's one of the biggest reasons the stands are not full. Keep up the good work Smitty and thank you.
    I never said that I was from St Louis!

did you ever think of moving there?

LOL, $UMP$ lives in Black Oak, IN. Does not race so pay him no mind

Went to Kankakee this past Friday night May 22. Cost $38 between admission and concessions behind the grandstands.

Never seen a car on the track, didnt take a bite of the nasty food (set it on the ground) and was home by 7:30pm

You can bet we wont be back

thats real bad, need oconnors backseen the results for friday night no headline class that don't cut it
    Last edited by hygty; 05-25-2015 at 11:30 AM.

The fact of the matter is well promoted tracks "Fairbury" have good car counts and poorly promoted tracks "Kankakee" have bad car counts! It's time to stop blaming the sanction and tire company for poor car counts!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    The fact of the matter is well promoted tracks "Fairbury" have good car counts and poorly promoted tracks "Kankakee" have bad car counts! It's time to stop blaming the sanction and tire company for poor car counts!
    amen to that

Why don't u people who wanna bash kankakee give it a try I'm sure Tom whould let u if u think u can do better...I give Tom Smith and his family and his help expecally Dave whinnington a lot of credit good job guys.....I was there Friday and Tom came to the front stretch and was throwing frizbees to his fans Tom is the best fan promotor kankakee has ever had....What are u internet bashers gonna do when Tom gets tired of people bashing him and leaves the place grow up...Tom has done some great things for kankakee so grow up and be a man and show ur face and if u think u can do better I'm sure Tom whould let I try....great job to the whole Smith family and all the workers expecially Dave I always see him working his Ass off keep up the good work team kankakee.....

Hey dirtyboy how can u blame Tom for the food behind grandstands??? Tom has nothing to do with that food that is a vender that comes in...

you might work your a$$ off but if the end results are bad its bad

Every track cant be Fairbury, and every promoter cant be the OConnors. For all the other tracks and promoters in this world trying to keep the show going in this tough economy, I say Thank You. The easy path is to shut the doors and cut your losses, it takes some special people to keep swinging when times get tough. So with that said, I'll do my best to support my local tracks and not beat them down, Its hard enough to keep it going as it is.