Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Imodfan130 View Post
    Why don't u people who wanna bash kankakee give it a try I'm sure Tom whould let u if u think u can do better...I give Tom Smith and his family and his help expecally Dave whinnington a lot of credit good job guys.....I was there Friday and Tom came to the front stretch and was throwing frizbees to his fans Tom is the best fan promotor kankakee has ever had....What are u internet bashers gonna do when Tom gets tired of people bashing him and leaves the place grow up...Tom has done some great things for kankakee so grow up and be a man and show ur face and if u think u can do better I'm sure Tom whould let I try....great job to the whole Smith family and all the workers expecially Dave I always see him working his Ass off keep up the good work team kankakee.....
    What kind of crack are you smoking. He's run off more drivers then there where cars there Friday including 3 of my best friends. He's run me off as a fan and have seen him treat people like sh!t right in front of my own two eyes. I used to go to Kankakee every Friday night since about the mid 80's and not missed a race but maybe 3 or 4 until about 3 years ago when I just flat stop going period. The O'Conner family, Sherri Heckenast, and the Izzo's did a hell of a lot better job. I'll go to Hartford Speedway in Michigan (Kankakee is about 25 miles closer to home) before I go back there. They treat people with common decency and respect.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-26-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    Went to Kankakee this past Friday night May 22. Cost $38 between admission and concessions behind the grandstands.

Never seen a car on the track, didnt take a bite of the nasty food (set it on the ground) and was home by 7:30pm

You can bet we wont be back
    I don't understand this post - you spent $38 (for how many people?) on admissions and food and left and were home by the time the show was scheduled to start?

Why don't u people who wanna bash kankakee give it a try I'm sure Tom whould let u if u think u can do better...I give Tom Smith and his family and his help expecally Dave whinnington a lot of credit good job guys.....I was there Friday and Tom came to the front stretch and was throwing frizbees to his fans Tom is the best fan promotor kankakee has ever had....What are u internet bashers gonna do when Tom gets tired of people bashing him and leaves the place grow up...Tom has done some great things for kankakee so grow up and be a man and show ur face and if u think u can do better I'm sure Tom whould let I try....great job to the whole Smith family and all the workers expecially Dave I always see him working his Ass off keep up the good work team kankakee.....
    The O'Connor family did great things for Kankakee the other guy has ran most of the racers off with his subpar promoting!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Don't like the food eat before you go, problem #1 solved!

Don't like Tom Smith ignore him and just enjoy the races, problem #2 solved!

If you can't say anything good about the place, stay home and don't say anything and let us that enjoy Kankakee enjoy it, Problem #3 solved!

All I hear is car counts at Kankakee suck, well let me give you a little honest info about LaSalle because I go there with my son and his car. On a "good" night they have 12 LM, 12 Mods, 15 SS and 8-10 4 cyl cars, and it's run by the Izzo's.......... Look at car counts at Kokomo run by the OConners not much better. Last Friday Kankakee had 15 Pro LM, 14 Mods, 18 SS, 17 I mods (which are the most affordable class there and a blast to drive), and 22 4cyl cars, that's 85 cars for 5 divisions, NOT BAD, and the show was over about 10:45. UMP LM cars are dying out weekly at most tracks all over the country, most tracks a good count is 12-15 except for a hand full. Thanks to Tom and all at Kankakee for doing what you do each week so we have a place to run close to home.

really tri city had 32 late and farmer city had car count in the 20s 40 mods and 35 mods also every track in the st louis gets atleast 20 lates a night

I said "some tracks " and those that get more than 15LM and 15 mods are lucky. Also FC and FALS most LM and Mod cars are from that area and those drivers are lucky to have a Friday and Saturday night track to race at that are about 50 miles apart. And that is awesome.

My point to this thread is don't bash a track, either don't go and stay quiet or try to help fix the problems. If the bashing keeps up about a track it will close and then we all loose.

I hate people that sit behind a computer and bash someone...Grow up Tom is doing a great job so all u hater shut ur mouth and stay home if I was Tom I whould walk away from the place cause all people wanna do is bash him...Give the man credit

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    I said "some tracks " and those that get more than 15LM and 15 mods are lucky. Also FC and FALS most LM and Mod cars are from that area and those drivers are lucky to have a Friday and Saturday night track to race at that are about 50 miles apart. And that is awesome. My point to this thread is don't bash a track, either don't go and stay quiet or try to help fix the problems. If the bashing keeps up about a track it will close and then we all loose.
    if you have a promotor that no one likes kinda easy fix wouldn't you say\

People always Bitch no matter what promoter is in there...!All they know how to do is hide behind a computer and run Tom in the ground when he is trying very hard...Grow up u bunch of cry babies if u don't like Tom then stay ur Ass home...Thank u Tom for giving us a great place to race and watch on Friday nights...And thanks to Dave whinnington for providing a great racing surface....Don't let these little girls that hide behind a computer talking (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)....Great job kankakee team.

I hate people that sit behind a computer and bash someone...Grow up Tom is doing a great job so all u hater shut ur mouth and stay home if I was Tom I whould walk away from the place cause all people wanna do is bash him...Give the man credit
    No Bashing when it has HAPPEND right in front of me including to me myself. Hide and sit behind a computer; ha I've told him how I feel to his face. Maybe he should grow up first before no one want to race there then again from what I've seen over the last 6 years that probably won't happen. From what I understand his lease is up in 2017. Hope the fair board find a new promoter before we race fans lose the track for good. Maybe you should grow up and understand why some just will not race there until he's gone. Look around mid 2009 when he took over Kankakaee had about 30-32 UMP Modifieds a night now it's less then 1/2 that. Problem solved when there is no one left in the stands.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-26-2015 at 11:34 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Keep up the good work SMITTY!!!

alot a people took your advice soon you will be racing all by your self have fun

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    From what I understand his lease is up in 2017. Hope the fair board find a new promoter before we race fans lose the track for good. Problem solved when there is no one left in the stands.
    Yep, and right along up there will be everyone on this website bashing the track. Why not give some support to make the place better? Seem like the people on here want this track gone more than anyone else, be careful what you wish for!
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post
    Yep, and right along up there will be everyone on this website bashing the track. Why not give some support to make the place better? Seem like the people on here want this track gone more than anyone else, be careful what you wish for!
    I don't WANT THE TRACK GONE. I want the guy promoting it gone. Heck I even tried to help him personally! Arrogant, Rude, c0cky, & Foul mouth towards people I seen it first hand. His mouth is what started this mess.. http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/mad.png .....
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

I said "some tracks " and those that get more than 15LM and 15 mods are lucky. Also FC and FALS most LM and Mod cars are from that area and those drivers are lucky to have a Friday and Saturday night track to race at that are about 50 miles apart. And that is awesome. My point to this thread is don't bash a track, either don't go and stay quiet or try to help fix the problems. If the bashing keeps up about a track it will close and then we all loose.
    no they know how to promote have good concession and treat every one the same thats how you get good car counts and a big tech yes tri city techs

HoosierDirtFan since you want him gone and have all the answers why don't you ask Tom If you could promote the place for 4 weeks, You pay the bills, you promote the races, you do the concessions, you make the payout (and no cutting the pay because you didn't get 20 cars in each class "FULL PAYOUTS" that's what Tom does no matter the car counts. Please give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    No Bashing when it has HAPPEND right in front of me including to me myself. Hide and sit behind a computer; ha I've told him how I feel to his face. Maybe he should grow up first before no one want to race there then again from what I've seen over the last 6 years that probably won't happen. From what I understand his lease is up in 2017. Hope the fair board find a new promoter before we race fans lose the track for good. Maybe you should grow up and understand why some just will not race there until he's gone. Look around mid 2009 when he took over Kankakaee had about 30-32 UMP Modifieds a night now it's less then 1/2 that. Problem solved when there is no one left in the stands.

Just because the car count is down does that mean every promoter is a bad promoter and runs everyone off or is there more to the story because, let's face it most of the tracks the car count is down and in some cases a 1/2 or a 1/3 or even 1/4 of what there years was 6 years ago so, we can't blame everything on the promoter. Yes promoters do run people off and some deserved to be ran off now, I'm not talking about your friends because, I have no idea what went on between the promoter and your friend but, what I am saying is sometimes when a driver or fan or whatever is rude, obnoxious, berating a promoter because, a call didn't go his or her way they have to act this way sometimes it just escalates to the point where the driver says I'm done with that place or a promoter says your outta here. And sometimes more then not they patch things up and there back racing at that track again. I've seen it happen to many times and then sometimes they never go back. So yes the promoter probably ran some people off but, it happens.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-27-2015 at 09:45 PM.

HoosierDirtFan since you want him gone and have all the answers why don't you ask Tom If you could promote the place for 4 weeks, You pay the bills, you promote the races, you do the concessions, you make the payout (and no cutting the pay because you didn't get 20 cars in each class "FULL PAYOUTS" that's what Tom does no matter the car counts. Please give it a try.

But, wait Tom that's an easy job and people are lined up to take this Job!!!

Same o same o! For some reason Kankakee has always been the track to rip. I remember insults towards the the Izzo's, eventually the O'Connors, Brian Osterhoff, the Sherri Heckenast, now Tom Smith. It seems to be a recreational sport to whip on Kankakee, regardless of who's there. I don't get it, I see the whispering comments all the time. Baffles me, really does. It's no wonder there's a short fuse with Tom, if you had to deal with the constant negativity and keep turning the key and try new things to keep things interesting and going, I'm not sure how and why anybody would want to go through it.

An old proverb. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!

Thumbs up

Guys let's get one thing strait. I'd go back to Kankakee in a heart beat if it wasn't for the foul mouth. Kankakee has alway put on great races for the drivers and fans. I'm not saying Tom is a bad guy just don't agree with some if the things I've heard him say to people & do. On top of that gas isn't exactly cheap when you live 70 miles away in Northwest Indiana. The last 3 years the only races ive attended there where the ALMS & UMP Summer Nationals. Regard less of how I feel K3 will always be near and dear to me as there and the old Crown Point Speedway is where I saw my first races and watched 3 close friends of mine win races and 2 of them win track championships (#71 Bill Davis & #78 Mike Hollifield) there in the old Limited Late Model division. I'm not trying to bash some one just don't agree with some of the crap I've seen since he took over. Some of the issue with car count has to do with the economy the other part is something I'm not willing to talk about on a public message board forum. This is my last post on the topic. If you have a question with what I said or don't know of some of the specific situations I'm talking about message me and I'll explain it to you.
    For you guys that race there and the track staff good luck in 2015 and enjoy it.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-28-2015 at 06:27 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA