Default Need major help on scales

Scaling my 4 bar mod set frame heights put on scale n we have 300 lbs of bite the wrong way rr is heavier then we start getting it to the lr n when we get it close the rf then is way heavier then the lf no matter what ur doing ur off like 100 lbs if the bite is right then the rf is way heavier then the lf then if the front is right the bite is in the car the wrong way n yes scales are hooked up right please help 3304016093 txt or leave comments here

Quote Originally Posted by 07rocket View Post
    Scaling my 4 bar mod set frame heights put on scale n we have 300 lbs of bite the wrong way rr is heavier then we start getting it to the lr n when we get it close the rf then is way heavier then the lf no matter what ur doing ur off like 100 lbs if the bite is right then the rf is way heavier then the lf then if the front is right the bite is in the car the wrong way n yes scales are hooked up right please help 3304016093 txt or leave comments here
    Take turns out of right rear and add turns to left rear. It will get there do the same on each side. 5 out 5 in and so on.

Get your left% , your rear % , your ride heights , and your bite . That's it , don't worry about what each front weighs . It's gonna be what it is when you get the other things I listed. Only way to do what you are trying to do is change left % , try it on a calculator , that'll answer your question.
    Last edited by setup479point2; 05-20-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Sounds like spring rates are wrong if the ride heights are correct. may double check them

Quote Originally Posted by 07rocket View Post
    "if the front is right the bite is in the car the wrong way"

they gave you a front weight that is right or wrong?

We had a car like that and the cross member was closed up on it. Set the bite like it should be and go run it. Give the car what it wants after that.

Make sure the cables for your scales are not plugged in wrong

If it is what you say it is, and the scales are hooked up right, it means you are very low on left side weight. If you have a car that is 100 lbs heavier on the left side than right, and you had 100 lbs LR bite, your front wheels would be even. If it had 50 lbs LR bite, you would have 50 lbs across the front.

I have had this happen before. Check the motor location. You may need to move it to the left a little. It helped with mine and it helped it turn better.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    If it is what you say it is, and the scales are hooked up right, it means you are very low on left side weight. If you have a car that is 100 lbs heavier on the left side than right, and you had 100 lbs LR bite, your front wheels would be even. If it had 50 lbs LR bite, you would have 50 lbs across the front.
    this is great info. Thanks. I have a question about the bite as well, my chassis manufacture recommends 40 lbs bite. It's been a while since I've spoke to him, but I am thinking he told me to run the LR more than the RR. For instance, 690 LR and 650 RR. This would make 40 lbs RR bite, right? Or do I need the RR heavier than the LR?

Quote Originally Posted by bradt041 View Post
    this is great info. Thanks. I have a question about the bite as well, my chassis manufacture recommends 40 lbs bite. It's been a while since I've spoke to him, but I am thinking he told me to run the LR more than the RR. For instance, 690 LR and 650 RR. This would make 40 lbs RR bite, right? Or do I need the RR heavier than the LR?
    Most chassis builders run LR heavy bite. There are some that don't.

Double check your scales locations, I did this a week ago and was so frustrated I couldn't figure it out. Checked scales and had rears switched around. Easy to overlook when someone is talking to you/ or on the phone and not paying attention