Thread: lowering blocks

Default lowering blocks

should you run the same on both sides or something like a 2" on the rr and a 3" on the lr...don't really understand the do's and don'ts of lowering blocks ....

Lowering blocks can change ride height and move weight around similar to weight jacks.Most lowering blocks I see are 2 1/2 on LEFT, 2in on RR. but you can experiment with that.

you use the blocks to set your bite in the car

they also give you leverage to get the leafs to wrap up more or less

afco has some good leaf tech on their website I think still.

I would run the adjustable one on the rr, if your rules allow. Its a good tuning device for leaf spring cars.

Default block

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    I would run the adjustable one on the rr, if your rules allow. Its a good tuning device for leaf spring cars.
    I totally agree!!
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

so the idea is to lean the car to the left is what I was thinking ...also heard of guys running 1" on lr and 2" on rr

Generally, you would lean the car to the right, to improve weight transfer to the RR in slick track conditions. With all else being equal, running a taller lowering block on the rr, the car would have a lower rr ride height.

Does the car react differently using the lowering blocks or moving the spring up or down in the shackles?

On the camaros we added 1" to the stock shackles and extra bracing.They would bend without bracing but I thought the way they clamped together was better.The extra length was to get the springs a little flatter and to run more lowering block.