Default Throw out bearing question?

were in the process of finishing up our car to get it on the track. We ran into a snag with the clutch. We recently switched from a 12 inch pressure plate to a 10.5in one. However we can't get the throwout bearing to disengage the clutch. It seems to us like it's not pushing the fingers in far enough. One guy told us to shim the throwout bearing some, but we're already nearly touching the fingers, shimming it will defiantly put it against the fingers, and we've always been told that's a bit no no. Is it possible to run it like that or do we need a different throw out bearing? We're pretty much lost at this point. Any advice would greatly help.

P.S, it's a ram throwout bearing, clutch and pressure plate. it's completely bled and have a good pedal.
    Last edited by KippSchaefer; 05-26-2015 at 11:09 PM.

we usually ran 3 shims..but it sounds like you have the disc backwards.
    I'd check that first even though it sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by racer67x View Post
    we usually ran 3 shims..but it sounds like you have the disc backwards.
    I'd check that first even though it sucks...
    I had the same problem once. Turns out the clutch disk was backwards. I was using all ram components. We run 3 shims as well.

So I ended up just buying a new throwout bearing(Ram 78125) and it came with 6 shims, 1/2, 3/4, and 1.25, 2 of each. When you guys both say 3 shims, what size shims are you referring to?