Thumbs up Ohio Valley Speedway

After attending my first race this past weekend @ OVS and witnessing some awesome racing action, I want to take a moment and say kudos to the track for all the things that they are doing right, IMO. I won't share with you the tracks that I go to on a regular basis because in this day and time, all dirt tracks need all the support they can get and I don't want to make this a bash session. I would like to point out the positives that I, as a race fan, appreciate and value. For the first time in what feels like forever, I enjoyed the racing immensely and am looking forward to returning.

1. Fast and tacky racing surface
    2. Little to no dust
    3. Did not see the cars getting out of the throttle half way down the straightaway to only hear screeching tires sliding on the slick track into the turns
    4. Started on time
    5. Ran the show efficiently
    6. Proper promoting with enthusiasm
    7. Heat races (No fast dash)
    8. Taking 5 minutes to talk to the winner of each racing division on the front stretch

Although these items may seem minor, I cannot overstate the impact this had on my experience. I must say that I was most impressed with the track surface, quality of racing, and hearing from the winners on the front stretch. All of the items listed above used to be commonplace at the tracks I attend, but unfortunately, seem to have been lost over the past several years.

This was the best racing action I have witnessed in a long time and I would like to say thanks to the staff at OVS for a memorable night- keep up the great work as it is certainly appreciated.

In regards to 4 & 5, this must have been an anomaly. OVS has rarely been efficient and started on time. As the race season wears on and the car count lowers, it seems like it takes longer for them to run the show.

I agree the racing has been great when I have been there, but also agree with Escobar. They make you sit through drawn out hot laps as they time trial everything, then about 45 minutes of kiddie kart racing before you see a race. Now that they have more seating you can sneak in later (if you can still get a parking spot in the small lot). But they never advertise what time they actually start the races so it is just a guess as when to come if you don't want to sit through all of that other stuff.

The Valley is a nice track but it's another track that has a lot going for it but can't seem to ever fix the bugs to take it to the next level. Seen some very long shows (with and without a late start), seen some very rough tracks and have seen some rather lower car counts there over the past few years on certain nights, but usually it's a solid place to go watch a race. Nice location (easy to find), decent enough food and they're making gains on a lot of the other "atmoshphere" side of things. As a person that doesn't like "big shows"... I'd love to see them throw up just a little more money and put some emphasis on certain nights for the sake of their fans (or simply add some changes to their schedule) . When you have Legendary Hilltop (who's been reopened just 3 years) putting on some special shows, mixed with some diversity in their schedule and Tyler Co putting on numerous big shows (while holding many "regular nights"... I think the Valley may be falling behind in the "fan interest" side of things. Just my opinion, OVS is a fun place & I'll be there soon!!

The Valley is having a $5000 to win late models & $2000 to win modifieds later in the year. I also agree with the long shows every time ive been there it has been a long night, I think if they would start the mini wedge class 1 hour earlier it would help. But I really enjoy goin to the valley.

I believe the guy running the valley is the same guy that owned skyline. and own's jimmy nier's sprintcar. he has the cash to do the job....(billy jarrell)

Wayne Mcpeak and Everette Vincent continue to promote Ohio Valley Speedway. Billy Jarrell owns the Ohio Valley Sprint Car Assn. that visits frequently.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

thanks welderron. I knew he owned the sprint org. but thought he had something to do that track. we used to race with larry mcpeak years ago...