Thread: Dan Schlieper??

Default Dan Schlieper??

Anyone know what's going on with Dan Schlieper and that Etchberger team? Haven't heard anything about him or the team since Florida.

They weren't even close to being competitive down there. It's a shame too. Dan has a place in this sport and it's better when he's involved and running well.

Car owner may have got a wake up call at East Bay? Figured they would of run Lasalle for thaw brawl. For the gas money spent heading to speedweeks could of hit quite a few summer national races.

until he gets a quality ride its time to face the facts that he is no longer competitive. may not be with a quality ride who knows

I like Dan. Funny thing is, people will say that (insert racer name) could win in a goat wagon. I've heard it about a lot of various racers. Then they end up in a sub par ride and things aren't going so well. So, that proves one of two things. Either Dan has lost the ability to drive or there's more to the chassis/engine/crew/owner combo than people realize. Take your pick. Like I said earlier, I like Dan. Hope things turn around for him.

big fan as well. the worst thing (maybe it's the best?) about this sport is the number of talented drivers that have gotten to, or near the top, before the financial realities set in. the number of quality racers that have the talent and resources to run a national tour for many, many years is dwindling. quite often I wonder if some of the younger racers wouldn't be better off staying regional. but hard to go back once you've had success on the biggest of stages.

jmo
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I heard there were 3 pretty knowledgeable people with Dan in Florida offering set up help and the owners kid was a know-it-all and wouldn't take anyone's advice or let anyone else touch the car. That's why the car was so bad in Florida and that's probably why there is no driver right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sievert5fan View Post
    I heard there were 3 pretty knowledgeable people with Dan in Florida offering set up help and the owners kid was a know-it-all and wouldn't take anyone's advice or let anyone else touch the car. That's why the car was so bad in Florida and that's probably why there is no driver right now.
    So they have split, dan and the car owner?

I have seen the hauler and other equipment owned by Etchberger posted for sale on classified pages on facebook. So I would say they are completely split.
    2012 events: 40 - 2013 events: 29 - 2014 events: 26 - 2015 events: 29
    2016 events: 37 nights: - 2017 Events- 43 - 2018 Events- 43 -2019 Events: 43 Nights

2020 Events: 31 total - Plymouth(WI): 8 - Shawano: 1 - Outagamie: 2 - Cedar Lake: 4 - Mississippi Thunder: 3 - Beaver Dam: 1 - Gravity Park: 2 - Lafayette County: 2 - SK Speedway: 1 - Wilmot: 2 - 300 Raceway: 1 - Fairbury: 2 - Davenport: 1 - LaSalle: 1

I bet when Dan split ways with Etchberger the Pro Power motors went with him and Etchberger just decided to sell out.

All over before it even got started I guess

It seemed he couldn't reach the gas pedal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1