Thread: Break up

Default Break up

OK so im new to this gas engine garb sure love my diesels but none the less. here is what i have verified base timing 38 btc tfi dist run it in shop and watch timing stays solid no bounce jetted 7448 carb to a wonderful brown bag color #66 jets tried 69 ran really crappy. running what looks like a stock fuel pump. 6.5 power valve has 13 in vac at idle has a cam not sure what bought car in boxes.idles good throttles good in shop drove her down my road pulls hard to 3700 then cracks all up back out and ease in to it and she takes off. no break up after. so ques is to all the mini mustang guys are you running elec pump and regulator? whats your set up glad I live in the country to run her up and down the road thanks for any help

I always have used the OEM "upside down" mech. fuel pump with zero issues. 1984 ford ranger is ALL it came on.

Try setting timing at 36, thats the norm on the 2.3L.

What type spark plugs & what gap? What type of fuel? IMO 66 jets are a bit too big for a 2.3L, try 62-64. I use an OEM motorcraft carb, same 350 cfm with 57 jets.

I use the 84 ranger fuel pump as well. Thats a lot of power valve I run a 7448 carb with a 3.5 power valve. Then depending on cam anywhere from 68 to 74 jets usually.

possibly pullover?
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

well found my prob 1 power valve too big and weak compression on #2 cyl rebuilt engine and adj carb and away we go to the races if it ever stops raining

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php
    and a pocket full of micro drills