Default Wilwood brake pedal free play??

Been working on getting my brakes right and can not get the pedal right at all.. It just has way to much free movement side to side and front to back... Should note that the cars pedal was like this when I got it... Worked seemingly ok but something I been wanting to correct.
    It almost seems as if the push rods are too short and if you adjust them out to take up the free play, the plunger will just fall out of the clevis. I've got the proper clearance on the pivot point, the balance bar is perfectly centered, the threads are 1/2" thick on the clelvis and I started the rods at 1/4" on both sides and went all the way in and then all the way back until they came out...I've tried everything I can think of and it's still too loose. Wilwood has good info on what the parts do just nothing on how it goes together.
    Can someone shoot some ideas?
    Last edited by 17m fan; 06-05-2015 at 09:07 PM.

if you have play front and back it sounds like your master cylinders have an internal issue or need bled out really good. If you have play side to side it almost sounds like the pedal is not the correct pedal for your set. all of our have a snap-ring on each side with a pin that goes through and it fits tight. maybe you can get a washer to fit inside the mount to hold it right. without seeing it I may not understand where you have the extra play.