Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bloomquist and the DQ

Does anyone know for real why he was 25 pounds light? And please no smart a$$ answers? For real, did something come off the car, or did he not compensate for the end? I guarentee I'm gonna get a dumb a$$ answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellGoode View Post
    Does anyone know for real why he was 25 pounds light? And please no smart a$$ answers? For real, did something come off the car, or did he not compensate for the end? I guarentee I'm gonna get a dumb a$$ answer.
    I'm sure you will, but no, I don't think anyone does. And if and when Bloomer does, I'll be surprised if he says why. I'll ask him at the World though if I don't find out first.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I would assume a weight possibly fell off. That happened to Terry Phillips at Knoxville a few years back. He was dq'd on scales and found the weight up against the wall a short time later.

I'd like to know what the debris was for that first caution. I'm betting it was the weight from the 0.

No way to know unless he says but he's won 6 of these, there is no way he suddenly forgot how to figure fuel load.
    Time flies like an arrow - Fruit flies like a banana

Miscalculated the fuel??
    25# is about four gallons of fuel....

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnStreet View Post
    I'd like to know what the debris was for that first caution. I'm betting it was the weight from the 0.
    Your probably right.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My best guess is a crewman forgot to put in that last 5 gals of fuel! I bet he had a LONG walk home!

the only one that choked was bloomer enough said

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    new name same ole Lighty..........
    Agree ^^^^^^! Bloomer led the last nine laps, but he choked????? I would say, the video shows JD choking on the last restart! But JD gets the victory, fair and square.

When Babb was light they took the big motor out and put the smaller one in and forgot to add weight for the difference in weight between the two motors,so who knows with Bloomquist.

if you don't finish the job you choked at the biggest race of the year enough said

Can only be 3 things all have been covered . Motor change did not add wt. Lost wt on the track. And last the 1 that will get some body in big trouble on the team forgot to add at least 6 gallon of fuel! Any way you look at it he got punked and there is no week links! Roll on ga boy roll on!

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    if you don't finish the job you choked at the biggest race of the year enough said
    You seem to be the expert on choking!

I guess we all know how you got that expertise!

atleast they don't some jackazz move like lucas does by docking a team for using track provisional

this for bloomer Hey, quit your blubberin'. When I get through with this baby you won't even recognize it.Otter: Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed up... you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.Flounder: [crying] That's easy for you to say! What am I going to tell Fred?Otter: I'll tell you what. We'll tell Fred you were doing a great job taking care of his car, but you parked it out back last night and this morning... it was gone. We report it as stolen to the police. D-Day takes care of the wreck. Your brother's insurance company buys him a new car.Flounder: Will that work?Otter: Hey, it's gotta work better than the truth.Bluto: [thrusting six-pack into Flounder's hands] My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.Otter: Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med.D-Day: [firing up blow-torch] There you go now, just leave everything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Miscalculated the fuel??
    25# is about four gallons of fuel....
    Is he that good that he planned to be exactly the correct weight when he went across the scales? JD said that they were prolly 60 lbs heavy cuz they did not want to take a chance being light. I'm guessing the 25lbs Bloomer was light was actually more like a 50lb f%#k up.

A.) A minimum weight limit of 2300lbs for Aluminum blocks & 2250lbs for Steel blocks will be in effect.We reserve the right to amend this rule in certain locations on the schedule.B.) After each race, whether Heat, Last Chance or Feature, an additional weight allowance will begiven at the rate of 1 lb. per lap for fuel burn off, 10 laps = 10 lb.; 50 laps = 50 lb.; 100 laps = 100 lb.etc. Allowance will also be given for laps run under Caution, at the discretion of the Series Officials.C.) The scales used by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will be considered the official scales forthe event.D.) Scales will be available at all Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned events.E.) Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series officials have the right and duty to weigh any car at the official’sdiscretion.F.) Any attached weights must be securely attached to the frame, painted white or bright silver andhave the car number clearly displayed on them. Weights of up to fifty (50) pounds must be secured bytwo (2) half inch (1/2”) Grade 5 or higher bolts on two (2) weight clamps. Weights secured by one boltand/or held on by a means other than accepted by the Technical Inspector will not be permitted. Dueto the high risk factor involved, any car that loses lead weight during an event may be fined or facedisqualification.G.) No weights may be attached to rear bumper he was at the wrong race lol

Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    A.) A minimum weight limit of 2300lbs for Aluminum blocks & 2250lbs for Steel blocks will be in effect.We reserve the right to amend this rule in certain locations on the schedule.B.) After each race, whether Heat, Last Chance or Feature, an additional weight allowance will begiven at the rate of 1 lb. per lap for fuel burn off, 10 laps = 10 lb.; 50 laps = 50 lb.; 100 laps = 100 lb.etc. Allowance will also be given for laps run under Caution, at the discretion of the Series Officials.C.) The scales used by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will be considered the official scales forthe event.D.) Scales will be available at all Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned events.E.) Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series officials have the right and duty to weigh any car at the official’sdiscretion.F.) Any attached weights must be securely attached to the frame, painted white or bright silver andhave the car number clearly displayed on them. Weights of up to fifty (50) pounds must be secured bytwo (2) half inch (1/2”) Grade 5 or higher bolts on two (2) weight clamps. Weights secured by one boltand/or held on by a means other than accepted by the Technical Inspector will not be permitted. Dueto the high risk factor involved, any car that loses lead weight during an event may be fined or facedisqualification.G.) No weights may be attached to rear bumper he was at the wrong race lol
    Good job buddy, you can cut and paste.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.