Default Duck River closing till July

Got this from Facebook...

All Events Scheduled for June 2015 at Duck River Raceway Park Have Been Cancelled, DRRP Returns to Action in July
    Wheel, TN (06/08/15) – Duck River Raceway Park (Wheel,TN) will be temporally ceasing operations effective immediately through the month of June. Race events will return in July with the Independence Day Run on 4th of July weekend.
    Duck River Raceway Parks owner Bob Harris has decided to temporally close DRRP for the month of June to allow time to re-evaluate operations and events at Tennessee’s top dirt track facility. This decision will allow time to focus on the things that need improving and addressing to give racers, fans, and employees the best that they deserve from Duck River Raceway Park and Bob Harris.
    Duck River Raceway Park will resume racing action in July beginning the 4th of July Weekend with the Independence Day Run featuring a $4000 To-Win Super Late Model event, along with All it Regular Divisions racing that includes: Super Late Models, 2 Barrel Late Models. Crate Late Models, Nesmith Street Stocks, Outlaw Pony, Pure Pony, & Rookie Pony. More information about the Independence Day Run and announcements will be released in the upcoming days.
    Keep up with all information and announcements from Duck River Raceway Park at www.duckriverracewaypark.com.
    Thanks,
    Bob Harris

Bob stick with super latemodels.Do not do like the other tracks in the south and put all you eggs in the basket with crates and steel heads or u will be out of business. Crates have all but destroyed racing in the south... No fans in the stands....
    Last edited by crownman25; 06-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.

thank good in my area the crates took a flying leap

Crates are income to the track. Like it or not. They don't replace the supers, but with an economy that is still struggling, many super guys in my area are running crates now. This is a hell of a racy track. I can't tell you how much side by side for the lead I have seen there. I have noticed small crowds, and a lack of Supers. That's not a good thing. I have seen a lack of law enforcement hanging around too. Not that I have ever seen much fighting there in 3 years but their presence helps. After all, this is a family event as a spectator. They run late a lot. That hurts any track. Tech seems to have loosened up some. In crates, that will divert people in a second. In a rules based class, you have to have rules enforced. I've heard a few 8,000 rpm crate cars there this year. Pretty obvious they are not tech'n them anymore. I hope it makes it. It's a great track with some great improvements since the last 3-4 years.

crates need to for guys that only have a couple yrs under their belt not someone that has 25 yrs exp with a national championship to boot