Thread: Racecievers

Default Racecievers

I was thinking about Racecievers today. They are small one way radios that every racetrackI know of requires. They cost about $100.00 and are set to monitor 454000 frequency. The race director or the flagman can talk to the drivers, telling them about problems with their cars (smoking or losing fluids, flat tires, etc.) or warn us about wrecks or other problems on the track. They're an indispensable aid to getting the show rolling and the night of racing winding up on schedule. My question is: Why isn't there an app that we racers (and fans too) could use to receive those broadcasts on our smartphones? Maybe there is and I just don't know about it!

Funny with the live timing app.

Used to be, everyone in the pits had a stop watch.

Now everyone has their face glued to their smart phone.
    8/13/16

Don't know about an app but you can pick up scanner at Radio Shack and program what ever frequency you want into it.

What I would like to have is a list of frequencies from all the tracks so I can program them into my scanner. Lot of the small bull rings I think use lower freqs like between 150.00 mhz's to like 160.000 so they aren't easy to find in the search mode. Be much easier to have a list for the track the punch them in that way...

When I traveled around to different tracks I collected the frequencies in use by the different series and tracks.
    The track frequencies are listed under the link for the state they are in.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...ng_Frequencies

Very useful tool you found there J&J!! Thanks man!!!

Nothing more frustrating as searching randomly through all the frequencies and only hearing cops yakking about traffic violations, and all the 10 codes nobody has a clue what is being said. With the site you gave it gives you direct numbers to put in and hear what you want!!! Vary cool, thanks again...

RACEceiver released a product in May called FANceiver. Allows fans to listen to the RACEceiver communication. From what I'm told it works very well and has been a hot seller for them so far.

Below is a link to the product on their site:

http://raceceiver.com/fanceivers.aspx

Do ya think any driver has more than one Raceceiver in his car during a race? It seems to me it would be easy for a team to change the channel and communicate with the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    Do ya think any driver has more than one Raceceiver in his car during a race? It seems to me it would be easy for a team to change the channel and communicate with the driver.
    Yes..........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????