Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shock guy

Default Shocks

Who's the best ?
    Last edited by jackpot prep; 06-12-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Drama

I've been running shorty for the past 2 years on my car and switched to envy before my last race. Looking to be able to drive the car when it's not hammer down and have a cushion to lean on. The car has never been that maneuverable in the slick. Nor has it ever turned that well under throttle on entry. It cost 1200 to do all 6 shocks. 4 ohlins and 2 afco silvers. All double adjustable. Shorty will be cheaper but you won't beat envy speed and handling. On another note I did use shy before amd had great performance from him as well.

CPD racing tools is a good dude! Takes care of customers and is always asking for feed back to help make you faster

JRI is on top right now. cost a lot but get great help as well.

LMAO Ya i herd that guy F&*K*N Sucks too!!!!! This is awesome i have made it to 4M hater level i have made it big time Thanks for the free advertisment cause most still don't know we do shocks!!!! You Jackpot Prep Have made my day thank you!!! Give me a call for quick turn around on Fox, Integra & Afco and great customer service! 865-573-2411

Mike Nuchols Warrior Race Cars 1G Shock Service!

Josh Collins or AKA Jackpot Prep has NEVER used 1G shock services for the rest of the world to know.

WOW
    Looks like a can of worms has been opened up here lol

So did jackpot prep post something negative and get busted out and then delete it? Wow bash some bodies trade and how they make a living and feed their family. Then come to find out he has never used their services.

Idk where he got that Mike was terrible. I've never used him but if you follow him on instagram the guys he went and help last year had a ton of wins and good runs. He hasn't posted as much this year for whatever reason but to say he is the worst seems very very far off.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot prep View Post
    Who's the best ?
    Drama?

You started it, then deleted it. Say what you say, and mean what you're saying when you're saying it. Don't back track, delete it, and write drama. If you did bad mouth him, leave it and say why. Not just start something, be shocked they responded, and delete it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I will say this. I bought a set
    Of shocks off Kirk Loudy in 2009. When I told several other shock builders what kind of numbers they were making everyone said that's insane and will never work. Now the 2008 smack down I had wasn't really designed to work with shocks like that but they are awfully close to what people are now running in 2015. Which means Kirk was 6 years ahead on that .

I use Kirk too. Great guy, great product. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Punisher88 Thanks alot for the folow and good words! Yes i noticed the other day i had been slacking on my insta account i need to get back on that! And ya out a fella then come back it being deleted.....

Far as im concerened we are all the best at what we do and who we service because if not we wouldn't have a great customer bases. I tip my hat to the guys who have been diggin hard in the sport for 20 plus years like the captian im just getting started compared to them!

Mike Nuchols Warrior Race Cars/ 1G shock service....

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC39FAN View Post
    WOW
    Looks like a can of worms has been opened up here lol
    And the fish are a tearing them up..........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Of shocks off Kirk Loudy in 2009. When I told several other shock builders what kind of numbers they were making everyone said that's insane and will never work. Now the 2008 smack down I had wasn't really designed to work with shocks like that but they are awfully close to what people are now running in 2015. Which means Kirk was 6 years ahead on that .
    So, you pay a shock guy to do your shocks and then go tell other shock builders the numbers? Pretty smart I'd say. After all, didn't you go to a shock guy because you wanted something better than others?

Thanks for all the compliments guys!!!! I work hard on trying to stay on top and be an innovator and sometimes I guess that gets me in trouble with people not understanding the concept of what we do to tune the cars then. Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Do cars that sit on jack stands most of there lives actually need shocks????

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    So, you pay a shock guy to do your shocks and then go tell other shock builders the numbers? Pretty smart I'd say. After all, didn't you go to a shock guy because you wanted something better than others?
    there isnt any magic in it. we all are very close on the starting points the key is finding a shock person you can work with that is in the know on what changes to make that compliment what you need the car to do.

shocks are a very important key in tuning. not a magic bullet that will fix your ill handling race car. although if your not on some of the latest shock packages you will find some immeadiate gain in performance just by purchasing some up to date fronts.

i share my baseline profiles freely with anyone that asks but i do not share the changes i make to any individual team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    there isnt any magic in it. we all are very close on the starting points the key is finding a shock person you can work with that is in the know on what changes to make that compliment what you need the car to do.

shocks are a very important key in tuning. not a magic bullet that will fix your ill handling race car. although if your not on some of the latest shock packages you will find some immeadiate gain in performance just by purchasing some up to date fronts.

i share my baseline profiles freely with anyone that asks but i do not share the changes i make to any individual team.
    Shocks can and do make the difference between a top 5 car and a winning car. Sorry, I believe that the shocks I paid someone to do for me are one advantage I have. No way in hell am I taking them to another shock builder who may or may not share that info with every Tom, D!ck and Harry. If you want what I got, find out where they came from and buy them yourself. Also, to me, it's about being dedicated, these guys doing shocks are not doing it as a hobby. It's how they make their living, it's how they feed their kids. If you don't have enough respect for your own program to keep things to yourself, at least have enough respect for them to do so. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post

Perhaps you should develop a nice set of jack stands with good shock numbers and rebound..................for the " racing challenged" drivers that just can't get the cars out of the shop .

Would make it look cooler all hiked up in the shop like that..............could be the next cottage industry coming from BGR.

There is a guy near puttsburgh that could be your house car for the adjustable jack stands..............as a matter of fact, house car is a great name for it, because it never leaves the house.