Default changes for track conditions

Just wondering if many of you change make a lot of changes for track conditions from muddy to dry slick like asphalt,. And what all changes. Thanks

Yes. That is the nightly question you ask yourself, how much is the track changing and what do you need to change to make the car the best for when it counts. This starts with what the weather is like.. hot/cold, sunny/cloudy, windy/calm etc. Then see what track prep is like before hot laps, walk out onto the track and see how much water is down in the track and not just on top of it. Take a screwdriver and see how deep/easy it pushes into the track.
    changes include, tire selection (stagger, sipping, compound, air pressure), wheel offset, shock package, spring selection, weight jacks, ballast placement, and fuel load are most of the adjustments. Eric

This is why Dirt racing is such a challenge. I change a ton of things depending on what the track looks like that night. Nobody can tell you exactly what you need to change. It all comes down to experience and knowing what your car and driver need in certain conditions. Is this the difference between winning and loosing? You bet!

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

I changed my rr tire psi up or down, rf shock and 25lbs of lead from lf to rear or off the car in a night is all for the last 3 years in a stock car.

When there is traction in the track run the car looser.More r/r spring ,rear steer , stagger, won't need as much rear %.As the track slicks off tighten the car, same changes in reverse, plus I'm going to work with bite more in a slick track.

I run more stagger on the slick than tacky. Tacky u can throw the car around. Slick stagger needs to be correct.

Yeah I can agree with what you are saying.Lately I have been setting the stagger more like the guy from the Hoosier tire book recommends.

whats this book you speak of? I need some help it seems lately...

Selection and application of hoosier late model dirt racing tire by C.p. Furney