Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Idk what Hoosier mod tires you are dealing with, but the UMP D, A, and H do not have camber built in. I don't know of anyone that doesn't flip their tires to use the best edges. And I've never seen one of these tires flipped and become "too compliant". Hoosier proves over and over that they are about their pocket, not the racers. It's not in their immediate best interest to tell everyone how to make their tires usable for a longer time by flipping them. They aren't referred to as the Purple Mafia for no reason....

Got some real dandies in here. Hoosier is just saying that to sell more tires. Keep on believing. Air them up and check it. Simple to do.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleberryB4 View Post
    What do you mean exactly, by "Too Compliant?"
    Side wall compliance. The tire is also a spring if you think about it. Sidewall compliance dictates contact patch dynamics. You do not want the contact patch to distort. When this happens you lose traction.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

distortion is traction, if the sidewall wasn't compliant you would have no side bite and no forward drive.

I posted but it was lost in that whole missing day issue.

I contacted Hoosier a few years ago about the mounting issue, they recommend serial numbers to infield because the way they put the rubber on the tire carcass. Running it with the serial number to infield runs it with the grain they lay it, premature tire failure could occur if ran opposite. The issue is more pronounced on asphalt or high wear dirt tracks, and is rare. Once the tire goes through a heat cycle your fine to flip it as often as you want to.

They also stated that only some of their sprint car tires are cambered, only some. If you have any mod or late model tires showing camber it is by pure chance.

Yes tire distortion is a major component of traction, a solid rubber wheel has almost no grip because it does not comply, that said too compliant can cause tire shake. You can see it on some slow motion wingless sprint cars.