Thread: need fwd bite

Default need fwd bite

First year in a three link having some problems getting it setup. Car drives good now after some adjustments over the last 5 races.still lacking fwd drive.55 rear 55 left 49 cross 68 lbs lr bite. springs lf1000 rf1100 lr225 rr175 shocks lf5-3 rf3-5 lr8-2. rr3-5 solid top link@ 18* lowers both@7* 1 inch stager in front 3.5 in rear. RR set back 1/2 inch. 3/8 mile mostly dry. Any help greatly appreciated

3.5 in rear. RR set back 1/2 inch.

lot of stagger and trail depending where your measuring

Rear trail is only way we could get it to turn burnt the RR off two weeks in a row . increased lr bite got a push.offsetrear to loosen under throttle

Rear steer measured from a factory hole in the back of the metric framerail

I would try a 250 in the LR. That will free up your entry (off the gas) and give you more forward bite.

1st thing I would do is pull a center line and check my static rear end alignment.

With 55% R you shouldn't be having forward bite problems. I would first square up the rear leading the rear will give false indication of handling. Also I would ditch the 8-2 LR shock and go with a straight 3 or 4 valve shock your killing weight transfer needed on a 3 link car also get the RR on a straight 4 or 5 valve. Also with out knowing anything thing else as far a weight, shock travel and kind of car I think the 175 is a little soft and with your shock combination your holding the car and weight to the right. Don't be trying to run it like a late model these are two different animals.

You need more cross weight. Try to get it to 52% at least.