Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up LaSalle (IL): Sat., August 1st - Izzo conidering IMCA Special. If Interest is there..

From Brad Hines Facebook Page as he was approached by Tony on the idea.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Brad Hines
    I've been approached by Tony Izzo Jr. about an IMCA Special at LaSalle Speedway on Saturday, August 1st 2015. Davenport is off the night before (July 31st) and Maquoketa and West Liberty are off that night. We're looking at IMCA Late Models, IMCA Modifieds, & IMCA Sport Mods. Who would be interested in running there that night?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I hope it works out. I'd like to see IMCA (or WISSOTA) in this area.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    This might actually be a good thing if Tony does some more races like this next year. UMP has some what a joke since Bob Memmor passed away around 2002. Hope this work out for him and the rest of the staff at LaSalle Speedway.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

if you say so ask the promotor at tri city and how well he is doing

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    This might actually be a good thing if Tony does some more races like this next year. UMP has some what a joke since Bob Memmor passed away around 2002. Hope this work out for him and the rest of the staff at LaSalle Speedway.
    if he does, what night do you run? Friday is davenport, saturday jackson county (among others) and sunday moline. I don't think the problem is the sanction, but carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    if he does, what night do you run? Friday is davenport, saturday jackson county (among others) and sunday moline. I don't think the problem is the sanction, but carry on.
    As far as I know there all off that weekend?

Just an opinion on why a single IMCA track would have a difficult time in an area not surrounded by other IMCA tracks. Their inverted point average lineup. While it makes for great racing and a good show, if a driver can race at track 1 and can start no better than 12th in the feature.... or drive 30 miles to track B and start near the front, I don't see too many drivers stopping at a track where he has no chance to start near the front.

When the inverted point average is the only game in town, it's great for the fans. But my concern is that when it's not the only game in town it could be hard to draw cars besides those committed to the track points race.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    if you say so ask the promotor at tri city and how well he is doing
    Pops15 clear out your message box.
    -
    1. The promoter at Tri-City draws car from a different area. Up there in Northern Illinois it's hard draw a good car count.

2. I've heard form a couple of reliable sources that if one Promoter makes the jump to IMCA he knows a few others that are considering following suit and I know a few here in Indiana that would consider making the jump.

UMP Hhas shot them selves in the foot more then enough times to p!ss people off to where they just keep the car in the garage. UMP Should have stayed out of the lower divisions. Yes the Sportsman & Street Stocks, ect have a right to the race track as much as anyone else but as long as UMP has these rules that are an absolute JOKE and should be considered an embarrassment to dirt racing.
    There have been times in the past when rules were posted to start the race season. They have one rule and a few rules down the page they have another rule that pretty much contradicts the 1st one <> That's an example of how stupid they are at WRG / UMP.

Even though I like the open motors it's just to expensive any more. I've been slowly but surely starting to believe that IMCA is the best weekly sanction out there. Their car counts are pretty d@mn good at most of the IMCA sanctioned weekly tracks. Some of the problems at tracks in this area include: rude promoter, cost of racing, economy, Bad tech or no teching at all, favoritism (happens at a lot of tracks any way), ect. Understandable some of these might still happen with a track being IMCA but if you eliminate the bad tech or no teching at all more drivers might decide to bring their cars out of the garage.. I think the big part for the drivers with be the cost of switching from UMP rules to IMCA rules.

Guess only time will tell.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

I am in IMCA country and it is not the answer for late models. Tracks around here only get 10-20 cars weekly, even the deer bros specials are lucky to get a full field. Good payout, proper promoting, fair tech, and track prep is the answer to keep drivers and fans coming back. LaSalle was once a great weekly track, what happened. Princeton tried IMCA at one time and it didn't work for them. Ump needs to go back to Bob Memmers vision. He thought he left it in good hands, but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    As far as I know there all off that weekend?
    Yes, that weekend they are. One special is not what my post was about.

What racing sanction has been around longer than NASCAR?

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    What racing sanction has been around longer than NASCAR?

I will take a stab at it IMCA

kid, That would be correct. They must be doing something right. Going to Fairbury tonight and I might get to set next to hygty. Wouldn't that be a trip!!

Yes they must be doing something right. Lity won't survive the good racing at Fairbury lol.

Shoestring....What happened at LaSalle is what has happened at many UMP tracks. UMP SLM and UMP mods have gotten too expensive for the weekend racer.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    Shoestring....What happened at LaSalle is what has happened at many UMP tracks. UMP SLM and UMP mods have gotten too expensive for the weekend racer.
    Don't you just hate when a guy comes on here and uses common sense lol. Excellent comment Pops15

Quote Originally Posted by SHOESTRING TRVLR View Post
    I am in IMCA country and it is not the answer for late models. Tracks around here only get 10-20 cars weekly, even the deer bros specials are lucky to get a full field. Good payout, proper promoting, fair tech, and track prep is the answer to keep drivers and fans coming back. LaSalle was once a great weekly track, what happened. Princeton tried IMCA at one time and it didn't work for them. Ump needs to go back to Bob Memmers vision. He thought he left it in good hands, but he didn't.
    This post sums it up completely. Very good post and as true as one person can be!!!!!!

If Tony Izzo and Brad hines want to make this a go. Let them, there just trying to maybe start something different and have maybe better success. They are reaching out to drivers to see if there would be a interest. And to fans that that would be interested as well to see something they have heard about or read about. Just be a fan and show up not knowing a lot of the drivers would and could be very fun and entertaining. Just my 2 cents!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    The biggest problem with weekly racing is the lack of weekly racing. IMO