Thread: 10" spoiler

Default 10" spoiler

All else being equal, what advantages of running a 10" tall spoiler, over an 8". I can construct one, and our rules don't specify spoiler height. Is it worth it?

If they don't specify a spoiler height why are you stopping at 10"? I would be rocking something straight out of the 1980's wedge days.

^^^^^ what he said.

I'd do 14" and not think twice about it.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

It's gonna take weight off the front end, your gonna need to free up a bit or find some front down force.

Just add stagger to free it up so that you don't sacrifice whatever mechanical side bite you have with bars, etc. Look at how much stagger the wedge guys used to run.

That would probly get rid of the dreaded "aero" push! Ya think?

What track you racing at? Make it big and add gear to pull it out of the corner.

This is Eriez speedway in Western PA. The rule book is very relaxed...but everyone tends to just stay within the norms of the rules of the area tracks, as many of these cars run at Pittsburgh, Lernerville, etc, on Friday and Saturday, then come blow off steam here..it's a tight 1/3 mile...as in everyone has to lift in both corners completely, no matter how fast the track is at the time (Look up on youtube "Eriez in-car..look at Max Blair, Bump Hedman, etc)...just looking for every advantage...

I'd make the front as wide as possible and dish the deck a ton where the hood abd deck meet the the rear deck up as high as possible then go a little higher. Take the lr quarter off. Lay the right side out at an anglet then bolt a 15 or 16 inch spoiler with a massive left side spoiler suppose. Bow the left side sail way out and leave it solid and leave the right open.