Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

yeah its a young kid behind the wheel with lil fear

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    let the sun go down in that kinda heat it works wonders
    If they had let the sun go down last night, they probaly wouldnt have got the show, but I do agree the tracks in the south start way to early for me. They all run so many classes that they have to start early or people would be on here bashing them for running to late. I think they need to cut out some classes and start later, IMO. I remember back in the day I used to go to a track that ran 4 classes and that was it, but I guess in todays times track promoters have to do what they have to do in order to make a profit and I understand that part of it too. So instead of b1tching about it, we all just need to support the tracks that we have now. You can always do what I do and use the time when Supers are not running for a potty break or drink more cold adult beverages if thats your thing.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

heck I remember back in the day they racn 2 classes maybe 3 now you got classes that overlap and should be together, and they started the fast guys to the back and the stands were packed

Wow..............
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

WOO at fonda started there feature about 815 and was done at bout 9. They had pro stocks also.

Davenport is ridiculously good right now. it seems there's a lot of people around here that don't want to admit it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    heck I remember back in the day they racn 2 classes maybe 3 now you got classes that overlap and should be together, and they started the fast guys to the back and the stands were packed
    I remember that and also remember some fastest drivers would go to the bmain just make sure they got a good start too.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 06-19-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Yeah butt heck Carolina Dirt if they weren't picking the good guys apart here on 4m the arm chair experts wouldn't have anything else to do lol... I'm a diehard Jimmy Owens fan and I remember how everyone shredded him for winning all the time to so I doubt that there's much that JD is doing different other than putting the hammer down this yr and getting it done.. I remember the paint scheme your talking about and you are correct not much was said other than he couldn't get the job done and now looky here he is getting it done so he must be cheating lol.... Naw he is just that D@mn good and has pulled his game together and slowed himself down and is focused on winning!
    I know for a fact my arm chair isn't Legal!!! If you look at the results from the last few years Davenport has been knocking at the door. He just wasn't patient enough. So he went to school and learned what was keeping him from winning or finishing a race. I love the turn around in him and his crew. I just have to ask. Why not Davenports turn? Why do the same drivers have to win every year? Progress is a very important thing in everything you want to achieve!!!!

I like what jimmy owne said, it's nice someone doing what has done for change. what davenport is doing so far there is no greater feeling for driver. next year it might be daven port winning like this or it's Goin be someone else on top of their game and some very good luck riding with them. but next year I might say not that daveport guy again lol.

Looked like Bloomer forgot to fit his air cleaner, a crew guy pulled it off his deck when he pulled in

i agree about too many classes. 4 is all you need. 1 latemodel 1 limted, like the old thunder and lighting class ,1 street stock and 1 4 cyl. hell i read where harris speedway was advertising 9 classes wtf. always run your late model feature second so the will have a decent track to run on. and lets go back to drawing for heat races on a regular show.

Quote Originally Posted by bob62 View Post
    Looked like Bloomer forgot to fit his air cleaner, a crew guy pulled it off his deck when he pulled in
    I wonder if its same crew guy that did the 25# weight

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I know for a fact my arm chair isn't Legal!!! If you look at the results from the last few years Davenport has been knocking at the door. He just wasn't patient enough. So he went to school and learned what was keeping him from winning or finishing a race. I love the turn around in him and his crew. I just have to ask. Why not Davenports turn? Why do the same drivers have to win every year? Progress is a very important thing in everything you want to achieve!!!!

Lol Plunks that made me smile ol buddy... Mines far from legal as well my friend... Been known to have a little extra under the seat now and again if ya know what I mean lol.... And I'm with ya on JD he was careless and youthful and green for many yrs and now that he is coming into his own no one wants to give credit where credit is due... Zyoung said it best when he made the statement that it wouldn't upset him any if Davenport won every race that he entered this season and I tend to agree with him...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

A couple of thoughts....

As those of us from NC know, this is NASCAR country. It dominates all racing press and events... especially local shows. This is a big state and sadly there are only a handful of dirt tracks left. I'd assume that it is very difficult for the promoters to get on the radar with the press and to compete for fan dollars.

In my opinion the track in conjunction with Lucas and Dunn Benson did an outstanding job promoting the event. They went all out even though it was a Thursday night race. They had a really cool fan event at Dunn Benson. I think they did all they could do to help promote the race and get people excited about the show. Maybe they do that sort of thing in other parts of the country etc, but whether that is pretty much standard or not, as a fan I was happy to see them make that sort of effort.

I haven't followed DLM long enough or been to enough different tracks in person to speak with any authority on the quality of the racing, the condition of the track or the decisions they made about cancelling the heats last night, but as I sat there prior to the gates opening up and seeing the storms rolling in, I was really debating whether to plunk down my $40 with the potential weather issues. I had my girl texting me the storm updates as it got close to race time and with a belly full of beer, I finally decided that after having traveled over two hours to finally get a chance to see the Lucas boys race and needing time to get my blood alcohol level low enough to drive back that I might as well go for it.

I was kinda PO'd there were no heat races and was disappointed with the car count and what seemed to be drivers pulling off for no reason. I now know why the guys pulled out early, but it was still disappointing especially when there weren't any heat races. I really felt ripped off, but I don't know what more they could have done with the weather situation being what it was.

With that said, I thought the racing itself was fine. I don't know what some people expect, but it was plenty exciting to me. It's racing...not NASCAR. They don't throw mystery cautions or have g@y rules to keep things "entertaining" or try to create "Game 7 moments" every race....and I applaud them for not manipulating the competition on the track so every race is artificially close.

As far as JD's dominance goes....drivers get hot and he is hotter then heck right now. EPJ is also having a great season so far. To me it doesn't much matter which drivers seem to have the upper hand. I just enjoy the racing. I think it's a refreshing change from the Owens/O'Neal point battle last year. I gotta believe that eventually those guys and Bloomer will start running better week in and week out. It should make for a great battle for the title and even if it ain't, it sure as heck is better then some convoluted championship Chase.

good post Snake.
    Most think guys pulled off track because of the rough track condition but another factor was all Lucas touring racers got 100 show up points period. Guys also had the option of racing or skipping the event. Other than the money, it was a non points night.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by FAP Motorsports View Post
    Summing that up, it was a full priced exhibition race. With elements like that why even have that racing event? Sheesh.
    100% for the fans.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    100% for the fans.
    That^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

A lot of working fans in that region took off or made arrangements to go and see the studs of the dlm world...........FMS did about all they could to go live with the show when they could have very easily just bagged it.

Some would say, they probably should have!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yes, it was a Thursday night, but I took off early from work, drove the two hours from the coast, and was glad I did. It was exciting to see the stars of the LUCAS series. Who can control weather? It was sprinkling as I stood in the long ticket line, and nobody even hinted of leaving. The stands were packed. The area has been under an extreme heat wave, affecting track prep and conditions, but again, it can't be controlled. With 24 cars on hand, the decision was made to bypass the heats and go directly to the main event first, ahead of all the support classes. Lightning flashes were all around. The track crew re-graded the surface, and it did help. Many of the drivers did race, and raced hard. And for that, for all the efforts from everyone, the speedway LUCAS, Dunn-Benson Ford, and the racers, I am very appreciative. Glad I went.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DoubleZero; 06-20-2015 at 08:24 AM.