Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Since Rocket is going down the pooper

Guess how many cars they built last year?

And since 1991?

Article is in Speedway Illustrated.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

If we answer will all get Banned. LOL

well do you add in the cars Josh wrecked or damage so for? if so 4 or 5 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    well do you add in the cars Josh wrecked or damage so for? if so 4 or 5 lol
    Last year. And total up till 2015. Not 2015. I think it's funny how a lot of people talk sh!t about Rocket, but when faced with actual facts are silent.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    If we answer will all get Banned. LOL
    Not at all, it's still a staggering number.

In reality the same could be said for Rayburn, the intellect behind the chassis itself between the two are very comparable. What Rocket has (or Mark Richards) done is not let the bolt on technology get passed him which you can't say about C.J. even though he is still today a very very smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by FAP Motorsports View Post
    So like, what's them Rocket car sales numbers CnBfan?
    Last year alone, 285 cars.

Since 1991, 4600 cars.

They did have a slump when the economy went South, but since then Mark said they have picked up where they left off and then some.

So if Rocket is having a slump in sales, it's news to Mark Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    In reality the same could be said for Rayburn, the intellect behind the chassis itself between the two are very comparable. What Rocket has (or Mark Richards) done is not let the bolt on technology get passed him which you can't say about C.J. even though he is still today a very very smart man.
    Agreed. C.J is obviously too stubborn to get up with the times and not let the technology get ahead of him. Where as Mark obviously stays on top of it.

They still sell a boatload of Ron popiel RONCO " pocket fisherman" too...........doesn't indicate anything other than they are just much easier to get and there are more of them to be able to be bought, and they work.

The rocket camp is miles ahead of the newer relevant chassis guys because of the great head start they had in their heyday of building something new, different and fast.

If club.....diamond.......longhorn.....bloomquist.... .( maybe capital) etc. had the systems in place to be able to pump the cars out like rocket does , you can bet your bottom dollar that more racers would be paying the price to order them.

I know you guys all think I'm a rocket hater......and that's far from the truth, they make a very good product, offer some equally good support and there are many more of them out there to gather feedback on.

My beef has never been with the product, mine is a very personal dislike for the owner.............for various reasons that I'm not allowed to discuss on here.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-19-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Last year alone, 285 cars.

Since 1991, 4600 cars.

They did have a slump when the economy went South, but since then Mark said they have picked up where they left off and then some.

So if Rocket is having a slump in sales, it's news to Mark Richards.
    Reagan had a great quote........" Trust but verify", I'm not inclined to believe everything that comes out of the mouth of the person that runs and owns the company.( or any company)

Do you really expect him to be totally honest when it comes to giving you the state of the company figures??? What is he going to say????

If truth be known, every longhorn,club,diamond,bloomquist,Capitol, mastersbilt etc. That is being sold today is one less rocket that is being purchased from yesterday.......and it's not like the sport is on the rise and newcomers are making up for what rocket isn't selling because of it.

Let's face it..........the rocket empire is just that, an empire ........that's not going to change or go anywhere anytime soon.

But let's not kid ourselves here by thinking rocket isn't a little nervous about it's national performance level and the up and coming chassis producers that are chipping away at it's foundation.

And again, like the product.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-19-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Good post BB!! I dont think anyone will argue the sales of Rocket Chassis out number the others. But, this year when all the big boys have gotten together at the big shows. Rocket has looked more than a tad behind the competition and I guarantee Mark does not like that. He will keep selling cars on the local levels but, they need to step it up some to get back where they were on the national level. Other than Tyler county, Josh hasn't really lit the world on fire this year.

Does anyone know what the prices off a new rocket? I am curious what the price difference is between a Rocket, Longhorn, Club 29, Pierce, Capital etc. I would guess that local guys run Rocket because it's probably way easier to get parts and pieces. I am saying if you bought a 2011 Rocket used and needed spindles, bars, bumpers etc it's probably easier to get than say parts for a 2011 Pierce or whatever.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Somebody will always have a better "mousetrap". Change a mount here an angle there. Thinner wall tubing etc for flex. Couple years from now it will be somebody else who has the hot thing. Rocket obviously has done something right but at this point they got some pencil sharpening to do.. A couple other mfrs have an edge on them. That can all change in an instant. Sometimes when a hot item gets really mass produced they forget to keep "thinking" and slack on R and D. They are too busy pushing product out the back door. It happens to alot of companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Does anyone know what the prices off a new rocket? I am curious what the price difference is between a Rocket, Longhorn, Club 29, Pierce, Capital etc. I would guess that local guys run Rocket because it's probably way easier to get parts and pieces. I am saying if you bought a 2011 Rocket used and needed spindles, bars, bumpers etc it's probably easier to get than say parts for a 2011 Pierce or whatever.
    Without a doubt Dante........this will be a bad comparison to some, but IMO.....there kinda like your favorite pair of blue jeans, not the latest and greatest fancy thing, but work well in any situation ,look good and are sometimes the most stylish at the party.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    Somebody will always have a better "mousetrap". Change a mount here an angle there. Thinner wall tubing etc for flex. Couple years from now it will be somebody else who has the hot thing. Rocket obviously has done something right but at this point they got some pencil sharpening to do.. A couple other mfrs have an edge on them. That can all change in an instant. Sometimes when a hot item gets really mass produced they forget to keep "thinking" and slack on R and D. They are too busy pushing product out the back door. It happens to alot of companies.
    It's hard to mass produce perfection every time..........rocket is a large successful business that builds a real good chassis.

Everybody else in comparison is a relatively small successful chassis building company that wishes they could make a rocket size living at it, all the while trying to make their chassis perfect every single time.

I'm glad they all do what they do......and no matter who they might be,I respect their race passion.

Obviously some more than others,lol.

No matter how you look at it, if 75%' of the field is in a rocket then the odds of a rocket win or podium finish is highly skewed in the rockets favor purely by the statistical advantage.

The story isn't so much the rocket disappointments, but more so the other guys successes against them this year with a much much smaller base number of non rocket chassis cars in the race or at the track each week.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-19-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Look at LOLMDS & WoO wins. Longhorn dominates the LOLMDS wins with Rocket next in wins while Capital & Rocket are equal in leading WoO wins.http://lucasdirt.com/schedule/2015-tour-schedulehttp://www.woolms.com/schedule
    isn't shane the only capital chassis on WoO tour? but if you want go there, how many races has lucas racer won on WoO event and how many WoO driver on Lucas event? and how many unsanctioned or crown jewl race. it seems like the lucas boys take over when they run against each other.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 06-19-2015 at 08:55 PM.

I looked at some LOLMDS & WoO race results just now and I did not see 75% Rocket fields.
    Ok......65%, 62%, 70%.......does it really matter that my percentages aren't absolute???they are at least in the ball park.

The overwhelming majority of almost any field are in rockets.........by that measure,the numbers will tell you that the overwhelming advantage to take a win should land in rockets favor.

And this year, for whatever reason..................they are trending negatively against the odds.

Your picking pepper out of fly poo.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    isn't shane the only capital chassis on WoO tour? but if you want go there, how many races has lucas racer won on WoO event and how many WoO driver on Lucas event? and how many unsanctioned or crown jewl race. it seems like the lucas boys take over when they run against each other.
    Lucas has a much deeper top 20 talent pool........they should win more.

4 different chassis, but you got look at regionals too. you see in different parts what chassis are being used. some parts rockets, black dimond\club 29, warriors, mastersblit, bwrc, Rays, ect. rockets are over all doing good in the reguionals their in. I'm not a rocket fan really but there are some drivers I really like doing very well in them. you really got be blind think rocket are not one of the top of line chassis. if I could post a longhorn bull mounting the rocket chassis logo and not get band so as I post it. I would! lol
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 06-19-2015 at 09:27 PM.