Default bowtie block cam bearings

Do all bowtie blocks require 2 inch cam bearings? If only some of then how do you know which ones take regular cam bearings and which one takes all 5 2 inch bearings. Do they take special oil restrictors? I have one with an oil pressure problem and cannot find the problem. Are they prone to crack somewhere that would affect the oil pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by mherbert View Post
    Do all bowtie blocks require 2 inch cam bearings? If only some of then how do you know which ones take regular cam bearings and which one takes all 5 2 inch bearings. Do they take special oil restrictors? I have one with an oil pressure problem and cannot find the problem. Are they prone to crack somewhere that would affect the oil pressure.
    last I had very fine crack in no.3 main saddle.

What the oil pressure doing? Wet sump?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

it had 40 lbs at idle and 70 lbs at racing. Ran a heat race and when i let off to exit the track, the oil pressure light came on and the guage read 20 lbs. I let it idle for a fews seconds to see if it would come back up. Instead it went to zero. I shut it off immediately and loaded the car. Back at the shop I dropped the pan and checked all the bearing and they were all ok. Cut open the oil filter and found very little metal. Replaced the oil pump with a new shuman oil pump. Now when i crank it it has 10 lbs at idle and will only go up to 40lbs.

two ideas 1 have had Fram oil filters do this what are you using, also there is a plug in block under rear main cap did you replace it when you assembled engine

id also verify the gauge is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by mherbert View Post
    it had 40 lbs at idle and 70 lbs at racing. Ran a heat race and when i let off to exit the track, the oil pressure light came on and the guage read 20 lbs. I let it idle for a fews seconds to see if it would come back up. Instead it went to zero. I shut it off immediately and loaded the car. Back at the shop I dropped the pan and checked all the bearing and they were all ok. Cut open the oil filter and found very little metal. Replaced the oil pump with a new shuman oil pump. Now when i crank it it has 10 lbs at idle and will only go up to 40lbs.
    So you haven't started it since you put the new pump on?