Thread: Cordless Impac

Default Cordless Impac

What"s the best one out there ?

I've got a dewalt and a craftsman.The craftsman was 1/2 the price and I like it better.

Makita cordless stuff is the best of the best. We pound them year round building decks and nothing performs like
    Makita

I have two Matco 1/2 inch drives and a Matco 3/8. They are beasts. The 3/8 will ring off a 3/8 grade 8 bolt with ease.

The craftsman stuff seems lighter than the dewalt stuff which is nice. No experience with makita or matco

I love my craftsman. 5 years old and still going strong. I know a lot of people don't like craftsman power tools but for the price the 1/2 inch impact is hard to beat.

Milwaukee stuff works pretty good.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

does anyone know were to buy the batterys for the impact that auto zone sold a couple years ago. that thing had torque to spare and was at a very good price. the craftsman impact wont remove nuts put on with the auto zone impact.

Ive used several over the years racing and in my daily job (auto repair). The 20v ingersol-rand is the best of the best when it comes to battery life and power. Its overkill if all your going to use it for is changing tires. I used a Dewalt with the locking pin for the race car. More then enough for changing tires and the socket never falls off. Plus the price is about 1/2 of the IR gun. Eric

whatever you buy, get lithium ion batteries. no nicad or nimh battery can compare.

Professionally - i've owned cordless impacts for 15+ years - snap-on, mac, matco, milwaukee and makita. professionally, they are all good but buy what you can get good service on. i currently use the full line of matco infinium. i prefer snap-on, but cost vs. service vs. compaitibility is important.

in the race shop - budget is everything. i've been using craftsman since 2010. started out with 19.2v nicad, switched to lithium ion two years ago and don't plan to use anything else. it's not the most powerful, but anything it can't take off was too tight to begin with!! currently use (3) 1/2" impacts, (4) 1/2" drills, a bit driver (3/8" bit adapter for beadlock and body bolts), a sawzall and a circular saw (just because). i have 3 dual chemistry chargers - one in the trailer, two in the shop. Never had a battery go down, never had a battery go dead.

i buy direct from sears or ebay. i'm not sure what i have invested in all of that but it's little enough to know that i wouldn't lose any sleep if any of them went bad or got lost.

no help on autozone racin6mod. there are 2 of those stores in my town, never been in either of them. my guess is you will have better luck finding the 6 year old chinese kid that built that thing than you will finding a replacement battery.

The lithium batteries are the way to go.

One more vote for the craftsman. But has to use the newer lithium batteries. There are skinny ones which are only 1.5/2 a/h those are ok for drills but on the impact u need the larger 4 a/h. About $65/90 a piece. I have had several multi sets of craftsman tools used on the construction side with 2 crews, when they still used nicad batteries we all hated the tools. Now with the lithium packs it's like all the tools are faster/stronger/ and more torque with good battery life. I have one 1/2" impact in the trailer and two in the shop. The newest gun has LEDs in front for lighting up the wheel in the dark

Hilti makes an awesome piece and you'll never complain about them being loose. battery life is far superior of any other model we've used.

I bought a Kobalt and love it. Battery life is excellent and it has a lot of torque.

I have a tire and automotive shop and for all out power Ingersoll Rand IQ20V is the most power full and longest battery life, this one is lithium. If putting tires on race car be careful because it will ring lugs off in a heartbeat, it is that strong. I have a Milwaukee that I use for race car with lithium battery and it is half as strong and half battery life of Ingersoll, the Ingersoll is high but worth every penny the way I use it commercially.

I use a Milwaukee with fresh battery it gets them too tight for my craftsman air impact to undo them.