Default Need some advice for dry tracks

I purchased a different car and have raced it about ten nights now it's always competitive if there is any moisture in the track but once it goes slick it feels like the RR is always skating across the track.

The car is a Shaw 4 bar LR spring behind shock in front, RR coilover in front. I have the car setup to the setup sheets straight from shaw as a baseline and it works great if there is a little moisture but once the moisture is gone I'm out to lunch.

I've tried about everything I can think of, dropped J bar on pinion, went up and down on RR spring, tried several different shock valvings on RR, different offset wheel, RR limiter chain from 1.5" drop to no drop from ride height, even hung lead on the right side of the car with no luck.

I've had other cars that on the same track would stick the RR so I know the problem is in the car and not all just my lack of driving ability. The car enters the turns good but then I never get that feedback from the RR that it is planted and once I pick up the throttle it just wants to continue to rotate.

I can post all the setup info if that helps but just trying to get some more ideas of things to try. Thanks for any help.

How much rake are you running in jbar?

I've been running between 3.5" and 4.5" inches of rake in the j bar. I haven't gone any more than that due to past experience with too much rake making the car very tight on entry.

Try 6-7 inches of rake to see if it helps, loosen entry with bars or spring change if you can. Just a suggestion, best of luck.

How much bite are you running and what is the valving on your rf, rr and lr shock? Also how much pressure is in lr shock? What springs are you running on all four corners. What are you wheel offsets, as you didn't say. What tire pressures are you running? And have you called and talked to Kevin or Justin? JMO
    Last edited by oldtrackchamp4x; 06-23-2015 at 07:54 PM.

I've been running around 30lbs of bite. Shocks have been LF 4 RF 4-6 RR 4 or 3-5 and LR 7-3 the LR gas pressure is whatever a stock QA1 26 series has from the factory. Springs are LF 575 RF 600 LR 200 and RR 175. Wheel offsets have been 2 inch on the front and 3 inch rear and tried a 4 inch RR a couple times but didn't notice much difference. Air pressures LF 13 RF 15 LR 11 RR 13 but have been playing with air pressure more lately. I haven't had a chance to call and ask Kevin any questions lately due to my work schedule and have no phone service while I'm at work. I should have a chance to call on Friday but was just wondering about some opinions on what others would try if they were having a similar issue. Thanks for the responses so far.

If your entry is good, as you say, i would drop rru one hole on frame and raise lru one hole on frame. Or drop rru one hole on frame and shorten lru two turns and lenghten lrl lower 2 turns. Drop rru one hole on frame and put two turns in lr and take out two turns on rr. Or drop rru one hole on frame and drop lru on bird cage. This last change reacts very fast so you might not like it. Doing any of these you will feel the difference. JMO