Thread: "3rd" LR shock

Default "3rd" LR shock

Anybody mind sharing some insight or info on the LR shock mounted to the top axle tube? Valving, theory, ect. I have a basic idea just trying to expand my knowledge for some testing. My inbox is freed up for any help! Thanks and much advanced appreciation.

I don't think that shock would be a 3rd. Just another idea around getting better performance out of the LRF shock. But I could be mistaken.

Off the birdcage it would negate BC rotation. In theory the lr ahead is used primarily to control rotation of the BC. There are canceling effects to having it on the BC . with it connected to the axle independent of the cage you would only effect wheel rate.

The shock on the front of the cage is progressive in rebound. This can inhibit hike.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thanks for the responses, I figured it may aid in forward traction without being mounted to the front of the birdcage but still be able to control chassis hike/ set down. I was just curious if it was valved similar to the one in front of the cage.