Default $4,000 To Win - Super Late Models - Wartburg Speedway - Friday, July 3rd

Wartburg Speedway Public Relations

205 Heidel Rd Wartburg, TN 37887 (423) 346-6750

New Website in progress! Find schedules, point standings, admission prices and more! View it at www.wartburgspeedway.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WARTBURG, TN (June 19th, 2015) – Super Late Models are set to make a triumphant return to Wartburg Speedway in the Fire On The Mountain 40, a $4000-to-win, $250-to-start, 40 lap 4th of July weekend showdown. The event will be held on Friday, July 3rd and will also feature a $1000-to-win, $100-to-start, 30-lap UMP Open Wheel Modified event, a $300-to-win Pony division feature and a $300-to-win Thunder division feature.

In addition to the action-packed night of racing, a gigantic fireworks display will fill the skies with excitement during intermission.

New Wartburg Speedway Race Director Brad Byrd said that his first objective was to schedule a big race when he took over on June 17th and this is exactly what he had in mind.

“I am extremely excited to get this next chapter for myself and Wartburg Speedway started. My racing fire has been refueled and I’m looking forward to what the future holds for my hometown track,” Byrd said.

Engine, Body & Tire Rules Lucas Oil Late Model body rules apply.

Open engine, 2300 pounds, steel engine, 2250 pounds with a 10” spoiler allowance, crate engines, 2250 pounds with a 12” spoiler allowance. Tires: Open front. Rear: Hoosier 1350, 1600 or equivalent, American Racer 48, 56 or equivalent. Siping and grooving is allowed. No grinding off of numbers or compounds allowed. Any tire that has been altered will be considered illegal and will be confiscated. No chemical treating of any kind will be allowed and all tires will be subject to durometer check and lab testing.

Late Model Purse: ($100 Entry Fee)

1. $4000, 2. $2000, 3. $1000, 4. $800, 5. $700, 6. $600, 7. $500, 8. $400, 9. $375, 10. $350, 11. $325 12. $300, 13. $275, 14. $250, 15. $250, 16. $250, 17. $250, 18. $250, 19. $250, 20. $250.

General admission, $20, kids 7 to 12, $10, 6 & under free.

Tier parking, $25, kids 7 to 12, $15, 6 & under free.

Pit pass, $35, 7 to 12, $25, 6 & under free.

Wartburg Speedway is located at 305 Heidel Road in Wartburg, TN, 37887. Call the track phone (423) 346-6750. Track President Mike Kittrell (865) 207-0035. Promoter / Race Director Brad Byrd: 865-919-5550. Visit the tracks website which is still under construction at www.wartburgspeedway.net.
    Last edited by Wartburg Speedway; 06-23-2015 at 05:03 AM.

Default Changes Announced for Saturday June 27th

Wartburg, TN - June 24th - The new era at Wartburg Speedway continues this Saturday, June 27th as six exciting classes of dirt track racing action is on the slate including the Sexton Ford Late Models, UMP Open Wheel Modified, Sportsman, Thunder, Pony and Extreme.

Due to very low car counts including two weeks with 0 cars appearing, the Super Street division has been dropped from the weekly schedule. Additionally, the Dwarf cars will not be racing this week but will be invited back to compete at a later date. "We will continue reviewing every class and will offer different classes from week to week until we finalize our permanent classes toward the end of the season" stated new track promoter Brad Byrd.

"These decisions are not easy and I know some people will be upset but we have to operate the track as a business and it doesn't make good business sense to offer a class with less than six cars, especially if a given class averages 3 or less like in the case of the street class." The Extreme class may eventually dissolve into the Pony class as car counts have dwindled in the Extreme division as well. "By dropping some classes it will give us the opportunity to allocate more purse money to the other divisions" Byrd continued.

As for the Sportsman class, we have made some rules adjustments which will allow an open intake. We have also opened up the rules to allow the crate 604 engine.For drivers running a true sportsman steel engine a Hoosier 1350 or American Racer 48 tire will be permitted on the left rear only. These rules are effective immediately and will be added to the Sportsman rules page as soon as possible. Purse money will remain the same for the time being as this class remains under review.

In the meantime the track surface is being upgraded this week with several loads of dirt being laid down and grading work being done. Workers have been working on the facilities including cutting grass from tier parking and parking lots. The victory lane will be moved to the infield this week and many more improvements will continue over the next few weeks.

Many Super and Limited Late model drivers have inquired about the upcoming July 3rd event with a number of them making commitments to appear. As we get closer to the event we will begin compiling a drivers list. For additional info please visit our new and continually improving website at www.wartburgspeedway.net
    Last edited by Wartburg Speedway; 06-24-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Wartburg, TN - June 26th, 2015 - Many late model drivers from throughout the region continue to inquire about the July 3rd race. After reviewing other tracks and series rules we have decided to permit a Spec engine late model with aluminum heads to weigh 2250 pounds with a 10" spoiler. Any non-spec steel block engine with aluminum heads will be required to weigh 2250 pounds with an 8" spoiler. Additionally, a GM Crate 525 engine will be permitted to weigh 2250 pounds (50 pounds must be bolted in front of bellhousing) with an 8 inch spoiler.
    Last edited by Wartburg Speedway; 07-01-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Thumbs up Great racing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartburg Speedway View Post
    Wartburg, TN - June 26th, 2015 - Many late model drivers from throughout the region continue to inquire about the July 3rd race. After reviewing other tracks and series rules we have decided to permit a Spec engine late model with aluminum heads to weigh 2250 pounds with a 10" spoiler. Any non-spec steel block engine with aluminum heads will be required to weigh 2250 pounds with an 8" spoiler. Additionally, a GM Crate 525 engine will be permitted to weigh 2250 pounds (50 pounds must be bolted in front of bellhousing) with an 8 inch spoiler.
    Made my first trip to Wartburg tonight. Great racing in all divisions.Congrats to Dustin Linville on the win. Nice job to get the show in with all the rain. Also, thanks to the ladies who answered the track phone to keep us informed as we traveled to get there.

racingumpire - I want to say thank you for the positive post , they worked very hard all week and they could have called it early today but they stuck it out and got the show in. Congrats to the Staff , they sure looked wore out at the end of the night.
    I shared your positive post with them as well. Folks like to hear positive remarks after such hard work.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by racingumpire View Post
    Made my first trip to Wartburg tonight. Great racing in all divisions.Congrats to Dustin Linville on the win. Nice job to get the show in with all the rain. Also, thanks to the ladies who answered the track phone to keep us informed as we traveled to get there.
    Glad you came and hope you come back for future races. I'm One of girls in the tower, glad we could be of help to you...that's what we're there for. Never hesitate to call, some of us is usually there pretty early on Saturday evenings. Thank you for the kind words. I think our race director/promotor, Brad Byrd did a awesome job getting the race in Friday night. Again I want to extend a invite to you anytime, we'd love to have you.