Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peoria tonight

Quote Originally Posted by LMMS24 View Post
    Babb 2 crossover moves on Unzicker and Pierce that were terrific. He had her going on the top in 3 and 4.
    Those 2 moves were the highlights of the night for sure. There was just nothing to be found coming off turn 2. Babb was one of the few to figure that out early.
    Only other highlights was the slider in the hornet class, and lil Bobby booting that back runner just before he got passed by Babb.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Oley Wilkersen View Post
    Babb kicked Bobby's ass again!!! Lol
    Was it a clean pass by Babb Oley???

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I hope that 10s gets close enough to the 32 car to give him a little of his own medicine tonight.... Just sayin....
    Didn't happen. 7th in the heat wont get you close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    How about that another rocket win
    How about Babb is the man!

Wink Stop HATIN yo

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Those 2 moves were the highlights of the night for sure. There was just nothing to be found coming off turn 2. Babb was one of the few to figure that out early.
    Only other highlights was the slider in the hornet class, and lil Bobby booting that back runner just before he got passed by Babb.
    Bobby dont boot, door slam, or take out ANYONE ! Your just another on of them "haterz" the posse always refers to aint ya lol

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Didn't happen. 7th in the heat wont get you close enough.

Awe come on now blncfn57 one can could wish couldn't they lol?
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

So hygty, should we call him the "aggressive operator" instead of the "smooth operator"?

Was babb in his rocket or his new black diamond

Babb did lay down the gauntlet last night. Beat the kid by a straight away.

Bobby "Squirt" Pierce proved once again he'll run right thru ya!!

Babb muscles his way underneath Unzicker for 2nd then finesses Pierce for the win. Glad I went, big crowd and unbelieable 48 LM"s. Luv those guys ruuning the hairy top side. Anyone notice the fine run by gray beard Ray Guss Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Did you hear Bobby's explanation? He said he was getting ready to go wide on him and he "let off the gas" so Bobby got into him. Makes perfect sense. Drivers are always getting off the gas coming out of a turn.

BTW, where did the "black flag" thread disappear to????

It is now located in butthurtville...

I think its crazy that on a Tuesday night for $5k you get almost 50 cars and when i went to cedar lake they had maybe 25 cars for a Saturday night and $10k to win thats crazy. All i can say is Illinois people You guys are so lucky lol

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    Did you hear Bobby's explanation? He said he was getting ready to go wide on him and he "let off the gas" so Bobby got into him. Makes perfect sense. Drivers are always getting off the gas coming out of a turn.

you mean that car that was getting lapped? How come it's ok to run over a lap car at fairbury, but not peoria? oh, i forgot, it's all about who is doing the running over. I'm not sure who the guy was or how he made the race, but I think he finished like 6 laps down.

I just find it interesting how some zig and zag their way thru traffic, and some just go right thru ya. Shannon Babb made 2 awesome passes last night and never made contact. When he went under Unzicker, there couldn't have been a inch between cars but never touched.
    Not sayin Bobby did it intentionally but he followed the lapped car around for at least a lap or 2. Plan your pass before you get there.

The black flag thread? That one probably got deleted last night around 10:27PM or around lap 19
    8/13/16

So Babb and Pierce both cause cautions and get their spots back??? As long as your running up front you can run over whoever and whenever you want? How about 2nd place ? 3rd? If the purse is big enough? How bad can the car get tore up? The driver? When is not ok? Doesn't take much skill to stay out in front that way. Is UMP the only group that allows this?

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    you mean that car that was getting lapped? How come it's ok to run over a lap car at fairbury, but not peoria? oh, i forgot, it's all about who is doing the running over. I'm not sure who the guy was or how he made the race, but I think he finished like 6 laps down.
    Yep. That's the one. The same one everybody BUT Bobby found a clean way around.

I know you don't think there is a difference, but I see a difference between attempting a pass in traffic and dooring a guy (i.e. Babb a FALS) and just flat out dooring a guy into the wall when nobody is around (i.e. Pierce at FALS). I also see a difference between dooring a lap car attempting to get around them IN TRAFFIC and PUNTING them from behind and claiming they let off the gas coming OUT of a corner.

I happen to disagree with UMP's disregard for lapped cars getting taken out. I would have no problem seeing the leader put to the tail for doing so. And while I think Babb's was a different situation with Thorston at FALS because he didn't "take him out" (spin him). I wouldn't have disagreed too loudly if Babb was put back for it.

Lapped cars are part of racing. If a driver can figure a way to use them as a pick, more power to them. I do not think they should be allowed to be punted at will because they are slower than the field and the guy who punts them get his spot back. If he's that slow FIND A WAY AROUND HIM!
    Last edited by skids; 06-24-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Yep. That's the one. The same one everybody BUT Bobby found a clean way around.

I know you don't think there is a difference, but I see a difference between attempting a pass in traffic and dooring a guy (i.e. Babb a FALS) and just flat out dooring a guy into the wall when nobody is around (i.e. Pierce at FALS). I also see a difference between dooring a lap car attempting to get around them IN TRAFFIC and PUNTING them from behind and claiming they let off the gas coming OUT of a corner.

I happen to disagree with UMP's disregard for lapped cars getting taken out. I would have no problem seeing the leader put to the tail for doing so. And while I think Babb's was a different situation with Thorston at FALS because he didn't "take him out" (spin him). I wouldn't have disagreed too loudly if Babb was put back for it.

Lapped cars are part of racing. If a driver can figure a way to use them as a pick, more power to them. I do not think they should be allowed to be punted at will because they are slower than the field and the guy who punts them get his spot back. If he's that slow FIND A WAY AROUND HIM!
    Thank You for that assessment skids. UMP should copy, enlarge, frame and post this at all of the drivers meetings. That last sentence sums up the whole story here.
    8/13/16

We had a great time at the race. I thought the LM feature racing was great! There were a bunch of cars running the high side trying to march forward. Got the feature on vid if anyone is interested. Nice to see a 4m'er racing last night...The 09 of Riddell. Nice job! I did go to the pits and talked with Bobby briefly. Great kid, was more than happy to take some time to chat about the race despite all the teams hurrying to get to the next gig. Snapped a photo of him and my son. He was very personable so thanks to him for taking some time to talk. As far as the punting goes I think I got that on vid so maybe once it's posted it will be easier to see what all was going on. I recall it was pretty tight when that happened. Great job by Peoria track crew getting the track in great shape. Even the hornet races were good. And how about Mike Harrison? Man that dude was flying. Great time for sure!