Default Woo Firecracker or Raincracker?

The Firecracker at Lernerville in Western Pa is notorious for rain and thunderstorms every year! Once again it looks pretty bad especially for Saturdays event. When the weather is good, which has been rare, this is a very good event to see! Missing as a result of weather this year are teams like Davenport, EPJ, Mars, Owens, Carrier, Blankenship, McDowell, Marlar and others who are usually in attendance. I suggest that they look at moving the Firecracker to a later date in the month of July when the rain chances are less likely.
    If you don't know it, why make a fool of yourself by saying it!

Quote Originally Posted by onclay View Post
    The Firecracker at Lernerville in Western Pa is notorious for rain and thunderstorms every year! Once again it looks pretty bad especially for Saturdays event. When the weather is good, which has been rare, this is a very good event to see! Missing as a result of weather this year are teams like Davenport, EPJ, Mars, Owens, Carrier, Blankenship, McDowell, Marlar and others who are usually in attendance. I suggest that they look at moving the Firecracker to a later date in the month of July when the rain chances are less likely.
    How many times have they not been able to get the Firecracker in on the scheduled weekend?

I believe just once in 08. And carrier and Blankenship don't normally come. O well at least it gives the locals a better chance to win. It their loss for those guys

Quote Originally Posted by onclay View Post
    Blankenship is missing as result of not having a race team anymore.

Only one has ever been rained out. I don't think moving it again (it already was moved back a week from the original weekend) is the answer.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I've been to most of the Firecrackers and rain has been an issue at all but one or two. Yes they usually get it in but, not without major delays and last year was a rush job and there was no uncle Sam 30!
    If you don't know it, why make a fool of yourself by saying it!

Probley would of had a different winner last year if it wasnt rain shortened. And the rained out feature, that ran in the afternoon was a skating rink.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

My one trip to the Firecracker was 2012 and it was hotter and dryer than a popcorn fart. Guess I got lucky that time.
    8/13/16