Default Fogging up helmet shield

I have been struggling with my face shield fogging up on cooler nights. Saturday night it was cooler than normal and very damp. I had to pull off in the feature because I couldn't see through my shield. It does this with or without a head sock. The helmet does not have a port for a fresh air pump. I use a Bell helmet. What tricks do you guys use to keep this from happening?

Not sure what Bell helmet you have, but have you checked into a breath deflector?

Rain-X makes some anti-fox wipes that work pretty well.
    https://www.rainx.com/product/glass-...ainx-anti-fog/

Had the same problem myself earlier this year, added one of these to the shield and it took care of the problem.http://www.racedaysafety.com/fog-fre...et-insert.html

I have had this same problem with the Bell BR1 helmet. The breathe deflector helped A LOT but didn't totally fix it. The fog free insert didn't help at all.

there is some stuff called slime, if i remember correct. used to use it while playing paintball. put it on inside your shield, then wipe it off. i have the impact air vapor w/ cool air box so no problems, unless I'm not running the box. and it will only fog under caution.

Fresh air pump. No more fog and no more dust in the eyes. One of the best investments I ever made.

interesting.... In 12 years of racing I never once had this issue. That includes cold damp nights in the spring, hot humid nights and the summer and cool fall nights. Never did anything other then clean the shield inside and out with windex. Simpson bandit with factory clear shield, no blower. good luck! Eric

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Rain-X-...ottle/16889024

I've used Rain X anti fog plenty. I just take off my shield and clean with soap and water before applying.

I put the Bell Anti-Fog insert in my Bell helmet and it solved my fogging problems. I had a Zamp helmet last year with a blower and the blower would fog it up instantly. I bought a new Bell with the insert and took the blower off and haven't had any trouble since. https://bellracing.com/double-screen-anti-fog-insert-1
    Joe's Race Parts
    From Mild to Wild...
    and Everything in Between
    http://www.191speedway.com
    http://www.joesraceparts.com

Barbersol Shaving cream. Just spread it out on the inside of the helmet and let it sit for a minute then wipe it out. It will never fog up again. It also makes your helmet smell good too but that's a moog point. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SRXSRULE View Post
    interesting.... In 12 years of racing I never once had this issue. That includes cold damp nights in the spring, hot humid nights and the summer and cool fall nights. Never did anything other then clean the shield inside and out with windex. Simpson bandit with factory clear shield, no blower. good luck! Eric
    Mine fogs up on hot days when I take it out of my air conditioned trailer and on cold days when I take it out of the toter where put it to keep the ear speakers warm!

Friend that wore glasses would wipe saliva on inside of sheild and said worked. Heard shaving cream too.... old school days tricks

Thanks to everybody for their input. I used to use Fog City inserts but last year when I used one, it didn't help any. I think I'll find some Rain-X anti-fog spray and see how it does. I've tried other brands with no success. If that doesn't do the trick I'll look into getting a breath deflector. Thanks again.

At times, a little ladies anti presparant on the face and neck can cut down the humidity inside the helmet too. Learned this from a gal that shows dogs. She said, she didn't want to sweat like a colored gal at cotton picking time when running in the hot sun with her dog. Not a end all, but worth trying.

Dawn dish liquid works pretty well...driver also uses duck tape to seal from helmet to top of nose/under eyes.
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman33 View Post
    I have had this same problem with the Bell BR1 helmet. The breathe deflector helped A LOT but didn't totally fix it. The fog free insert didn't help at all.
    Did you use the fog free insert on bell's website or a different one? My Bell helmet is fogging up with the breath deflector...

The insert I used was not Bell brand. Think it was called Fog Free maybe.

I've used Johnson's baby shampoo. Spread on inside let it dry and rub off like waxing a car. I was told this by a volunteer fireman who said that is what they do to stop shield from fogging in a fire.

I tried it & it works.