Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vermilion County Speedway

Vermilion County Speedway I see they have a SN date... Whos running the track.... 1 race this year.. I think the track will fall a part not being raced on this year...

I was wondering the same. There's no track website and their Facebook page hasn't been updated since April, which actually appears to be associated with Farmer City and Fairbury. Who could you even call? How much are tickets? What time are they starting? I haven't been to Danville since 2001 but it was always one of my favorite tracks. I hope the show is a go but don't want to risk a 3 hour drive without some source of information.

So its not just me that can not find something.. I know people at FarmerCity I try too see if someone there is doing it...

So I just answered my own question. The link on the Hell Tour website goes to nothing but I came across a different site. www.vermilioncountyspeedway.net/ It looks like they've been racing this year. Cool, now I'm psyched!

LOL I live 28 miles from them and did not know they were open....Last thing I seen was that they were Closed.....

When I was a kid we owned WRTL in rantoul ILL.. My dads line was ...If no one knows no one goes===== He sold lots of adds....

They've been racing all season. Only chance I am going to have to go to VCS is Tuesday for Summer Nationals. Has been one of the top races on the last two season. Babb put on a great show last year almost lapping the field. Year before was door to door for 1st-3rd for most of the feature. Great event. Just hope the new promoters run that event right because it will be on to make or break them.

They don't run Lates I don't go ...I called a few friends and they did not know they were running they need to get the word out....They should get with FarmerCity and Fairbury and do some 3 night shows with them to get out there open....

I think the facebook page that was mentioned earlier as being affiliated wit FCR and FALS belongs to a disgruntled former promoter or someone that was affiliated with a former promoter.

Good to see VCS get a SN date but not thrilled they are running the street stocks and factory stocks. Anyone know how quickly they run their weekly programs?
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Thumbs up Man i can remember

Man can i remember when vermillion use to be the place to go to race.... I use to see all of the results on here every Monday!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I use to go ever sunday some of the best Lates run there .. It was one of the better tracks but don't get to go much now so no lates no go .. But wish them the best with what there doing.. This SN race will let more people know there racing....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Vermilion County Speedway I see they have a SN date... Whos running the track.... 1 race this year.. I think the track will fall a part not being raced on this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I was wondering the same. There's no track website and their Facebook page hasn't been updated since April, which actually appears to be associated with Farmer City and Fairbury. Who could you even call? How much are tickets? What time are they starting? I haven't been to Danville since 2001 but it was always one of my favorite tracks. I hope the show is a go but don't want to risk a 3 hour drive without some source of information.
    You guys should research better . They have a website and Facebook page and have been racing Friday's all this year until this past week when they switched to Sunday's
    Facebook Page: Look up Vcs racing on facebook - www.facebook.com/vermilioncospeedway
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-30-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

^^^ Right you are, kind sir! (see post #4) ^^^ The unfortunate aspect is that the direct link found on the Summer Nationals website is inoperative. How many potential fans might be lost as a result? Anyway, we benefit because yes, Danville has historically been a great track for LM racing. I hope to be there. If you make it out look me up!

Going to be my Fiances first SLM race. She's pretty dang excited. Hope they have a good car count

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    You guys should research better . They have a website and Facebook page and have been racing Friday's all this year until this past week when they switched to Sunday's
    Facebook Page: Look up Vcs racing on facebook - www.facebook.com/vermilioncospeedway
    Last thing I heard was they were selling things off form the track....See they have a race date and then ask on here..Only reason I asked or care cause I seen they have a SN date...Did not know they were racing and do not care now..Do not use face book and do not have too worry about getting hacked...80% of all Hacks are from Face book... If you care fine I don't...

I live 2 miles from the track the show was over by 8:30 ish Sunday,about 22 mods from what I was told
    Last edited by Viper91; 06-30-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Not everyone can be the most knowledgeable king of dirt racing information poster such as yourself
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not everyone can be the most knowledgeable king of dirt racing information poster such as yourself
    I like that NICE way of putting it

hoosier dirt posted the correct website but wrong fb link. info on fb can be found by searching vcsracing or darrell hellman. Been racing all season except for rainouts. Switched back to sundays 2 weeks ago and first night racing was over by 9. This week mods were done by 8 and everything was done by 830.

Sunday has all ways been the best day for them.. Wish the Run Lates That place is easy too get to the stands I could make it once and a wile....