Question Lucas Oil Speedway

Does anybody else fell like pit pass prices at this track are getting high ? Been to other tracks with less car count and paying ten thousand to win and it did not cost forty for a one night pass. Its a nice place but i don't want to pay for it .

As long as people keep going they will keep charging as much as they can.. Once people stop going then they will go O $hit and lower the price...

No they won't. They will close the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Jockey View Post
    No they won't. They will close the doors.
    You are so right, when are people going to realize that money goes to pay the purse, Lucas may have a lot money but they are not going to keep the track open it is loses money. Like most tracks they have to charge what they need to cover things also, like help, insurance electricity, lease if involved or payment to bank, you got to figure all that plus purse and who knows what else, but if they don't they will be like a lot of other shut down

losing money a SN show with a pay out of 45.000
    Pit pass 10,000
    Stands 100,000
    Food 40,000 60% cost loss so 24,000 =134,000 ...89,000 leaves lots of money to pay In. Help and other things.....
    plus Beer T shirts
    Something like the show me brings in 1/2 a Mill....they making lots of money
    Its the small weekly shows that may lose money thats why a rain out in the SN hurts most tracks.. Its there Gravy race....
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 06-30-2015 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added

Forty to 45 is the normal pit pass out here for regular weekly shows, not a bigger LM or Sprint show. I choke once or twice every weekend when I pony up to race our Super Stock but I''m still glad I moved to California over 50 years ago. NE Ohio was a great place to grow up but I'd never move back.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Forty to 45 is the normal pit pass out here for regular weekly shows, not a bigger LM or Sprint show. I choke once or twice every weekend when I pony up to race our Super Stock but I''m still glad I moved to California over 50 years ago. NE Ohio was a great place to grow up but I'd never move back.
    But all thing are Higher there in California.... LOL

Yep, everything but wages and purses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Pit pass 10,000
    Stands 100,000
    Food 40,000 60% cost loss so 24,000 =134,000 ...89,000 leaves lots of money to pay In. Help and other things.....
    plus Beer T shirts
    Its the small weekly shows that may lose money thats why a rain out in the SN hurts most tracks.. Its there Gravy race....
    The numbers you sited are no where near accurate. Plus, there are a lot more expenses than you are considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Pit pass 10,000
    Stands 100,000
    plus Beer T shirts
    If they were making lots of $$$, there would be racetracks opening up every year.....too bad it's the opposite.

totally a first class facility! All the things that make that place great are not cheap. If it was so bad would they have had tied there highest car count ever there this year for the show me.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

We in the WV, MD, OH , PA region have been paying $35-$45 for pit passes the past couple years for any show that isn't a regular show. This year it has been $30-$35 for even the regular shows.

You're crazy if you think they make that much on a Saturday night show.. And IF show me makes that much it has EVERYTHING to do with it being on TV