Thread: Portsmouth

Default Portsmouth

Portsmouth has to be the race of the year! Heats and feature. Heat with O'neal and Davenport was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    Portsmouth has to be the race of the year! Heats and feature. Heat with O'neal and Davenport was awesome.
    That was a good one. When ONeal slammed JD and made the pass, it definitely lit a fire under Supermans butt.
    In Don's defense, that was a pretty big rut.

Like the other guy said, amazing what some H2o can do.
    8/13/16

Watched the highlights and have to say, I80, Knoxville and Fairbury have their work cut out to better Portsmouth for race of the year, but I hope they do. We need races like this to keep interest levels high and improve attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That was a good one. When ONeal slammed JD and made the pass, it definitely lit a fire under Supermans butt.
    In Don's defense, that was a pretty big rut.

Like the other guy said, amazing what some H2o can do.
    Was that Don's excuse the first time he knocked Davenport aside, or the second, or both? Or before that when he moved Sheppard? Bend your Steel was up to his usual tricks again. Don' s undeniably one of the top talents in the sport, but his bulldozer style isn't my cup of tea.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by kinZer18 View Post
    See what some wet & tacky can do?
    Too bad I didn't go there. I had to go to Blackstown for another dose of dust and wheel spinning anguish!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-06-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    I have to give PRP credit where to due. I've been to many shows there where they leave the track alone and it rubbers up and turns into a catfish pond. When the prep equipment stayed parked after the B's I thought hmmmm, I've seen this movie before. The track stayed pretty good though. The incessant rain over the past few weeks helped a lot. Track was rough in the bottom of 1 and 2, but that's normal for PRP.

All that said, I'd still increase the wall height in the turns and add some dirt to get rid of the ledge. When the track's not rough in 3-4 on the bottom the track becomes a bottom feeder. It was also rough on the bottom of 3-4 last night, which is atypical.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 07-05-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    I have to give PRP credit where to due. I've been to many shows there where they leave the track alone and it rubbers up and turns into a catfish pond. When the prep equipment stayed parked after the B's I thought hmmmm, I've seen this movie before. The track stayed pretty good though. The incessant rain over the past few weeks helped a lot. Track was rough in the bottom of 1 and 2, but that's normal for PRP.

All that said, I'd still increase the wall height in the turns and add some dirt to get rid of the ledge. When the track's not rough in 3-4 on the bottom the track becomes a bottom feeder.
    Very true man.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I think they got lucky with the track last night. Tonight will probably rubber up. I went there once on day 2 and track was 1 lane. But last night was awesome!

There was no way that track was going to take rubber. I've never seen a brown race track take rubber and lock down. I knew going into last night that the race would be a good one.

If that bottom line hadn't been so choppy, it would've been a typical prp race. Seeing who hug the tars for 50 laps and not mess up. This was prp at its best.

I haven't seen a real rubber race since the first gator 50. The last 40 laps of that one DTWC wasn't their fault

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    I haven't seen a real rubber race since the first gator 50. The last 40 laps of that one DTWC wasn't their fault
    I agree there. Weather was just crazy. I was there for the Cornett Clash in like 04'. Second night, MACS was the first night. Had 60 cars and it was a CSX festival the whole night.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

For about 3-4 years running the track rubbered up consistently. I was there for all the big shows, including the BoB shows. Didn't matter if it was a MACS or Lucas Race, anything over 50 laps rubbered up. The exception was the Lucas Race McGuire won when they took about 40 minutes and reworked the track immediately before the feature. The year after McGuire won the track equipment sat idle during intermission. It rubbered up fast.

Leaving the track alone on the longer shows led to a catfish race most every time. Things have gotten a little better the past few years, but the biggest issue is when the track equipment sits idle. I haven't been to all the big shows there the past few years,but I still make it to the Dillow and the DTWC.

Have an intermission. Work the track. Use some of the several million gallons of water sitting next to the track. Sell some food and drinks. Put on a top notch feature.

Like I said I go to PRP every week and there hasn't been a train race in the past 4 years. The extreme bottom stays tacky, the middle slicks off, and if you got enough hair on your peaches, there's the top side hammer down

Like I said I go to PRP every week and there hasn't been a train race in the past 4 years. The extreme bottom stays tacky, the middle slicks off, and if you got enough hair on your peaches, there's the top side hammer down
    Peaches??? What if they have turned to raisins?

Then you had grapes to begin with!

Not me. I was asking for LITE-INN!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Peaches??? What if they have turned to raisins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Not me. I was asking for LITE-INN!
    That's good stuff there guys. LMAO
    8/13/16