Thread: LR ideas

Default LR ideas

Hey guys, we run a modified but I was wanting some info on LR on late models. I know some guys are running two shocks one of which being a coil over. What does the normal setup look like for shocks. Both high compression and no rebound? High compression no rebound on one and no compression and rebound on the other? Does anyone run 2 springs? Spring rates aren't really important just more or less general info.

Lr ahead is compression only, behind is in th 2-3 area.

Yes tried the 2 spring scenario you can really build a lot of drive off with it clamped up but for me it was another factor to have to deal with and the car is on the bars anyway so we just stopped there.

ump says 1 shock per wheel on the mods..use a bsb eliminator and 200lb left rear spring behind and the shock in front..if yours is 4bar left rear you can get great shocks now a days with special high speed valving high clamp force and a lot of (300lb.)gas pressure without crazy setup deals..i ran 2 shock setup at our outlaw local track until i got a good shock man..b and o race shocks in mt.airy n.c. kenny smith..we ran a dummy in front with 200lbs gas and an 8/3 in back with spring and 200 lbs.,gas in rear..won a few races and were always fast but illegal for the leagal tracks..best of luck..windy..~V~..