Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deery Bros at West Liberty 7/7/15

It's a go. There was a lot of rain that came threw last night. It was a pretty good race, last year.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    It's a go. There was a lot of rain that came threw last night. It was a pretty good race, last year.

Brian Harris edges Justin Kay at the checkers for the win tonight to end kays win streak....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Brian Harris edges Justin Kay at the checkers for the win tonight to end kays win streak....
    Did Brian ever end up getting the $5000 information he was after? Or did he end up buying a car from Kay?

Smile

He got the info. But he did not pay off. LOL

I was told they refused to sell Brian a Kay car. In a Mach1 car formerly of Mike Murphy Jr.
    Last edited by JMDraceHD98; 07-08-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Kay obviously found something that works for him iam not trying to dis the guy but a few years ago I remember watching him at a few corn belt races and the guy couldn't get out of his own way

It was a good race. Harris led most of it and Kay made a last lap charge on the out side, coming up a half car length short. Watching Kay and a few others work the traffic to the front was worth the price of admission.

I love that track, fast and racey most all of the time. I need to get down there for a race again that's for sure. It's a bit hard to see all the track from certain spots, but still can see a lot easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Did Brian ever end up getting the $5000 information he was after? Or did he end up buying a car from Kay?
    It was a Joke if you read it right. The National Championship or The IMCA pays $5000.00 to the Winner at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    It was a Joke if you read it right. The National Championship or The IMCA pays $5000.00 to the Winner at the end of the year.

Some people don't know the difference between a joke and reality ol buddy... Fact of the matter is ol blncfn57 just wanted to stir the chit just a little and was answered and now he shuts up.... Go figure.......

Some people don't know the difference between a joke and reality ol buddy... Fact of the matter is ol blncfn57 just wanted to stir the chit just a little and was answered and now he shuts up.... Go figure.......
    Yes, it was kind of a tongue in cheek question. I never took Brians post as a joke tho, shame on me. The fact that Kay would not sell him a car (if that isn't a joke too) leads me to believe that it wasn't a joke..... or Kay didn't take it as one either. Kay cars winning with drivers not known to win much tells me they have found something pretty big and kudos to them! It doesn't happen often in the late model world.

No need to bash me, I didn't trash talk anyone.
    Last edited by blncfn57; 07-09-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Yes, it was kind of a tongue in cheek question. I never took Brians post as a joke tho, shame on me. The fact that Kay would not sell him a car (if that isn't a joke too) leads me to believe that it wasn't a joke..... or Kay didn't take it as one either. Kay cars winning with drivers not known to win much tells me they have found something pretty big and kudos to them! It doesn't happen often in the late model world.

No need to bash me, I didn't trash talk anyone.

I will apologize to you because of the fact that I thought you were just trying to stir the pot up so that falls back on me man... I'm sorry!

Brian Harris can have a type of humor that is hard to read. I think a lot of people didn't take it as a joke. I think it was later cleared up. He's made other jokes about hoping to get back in town from work to go beat that 15 car. Obviously most of the time, the jokes on him.

I will apologize to you because of the fact that I thought you were just trying to stir the pot up so that falls back on me man... I'm sorry!
    well, thanks! I only seen the one post about it and never heard anymore. Obviously there was more that I did not see. Seeing that Brian was able to get a victory over Kay made me think about it again, that's why I asked. Thanks again for the apology.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDraceHD98 View Post
    Brian Harris can have a type of humor that is hard to read. I think a lot of people didn't take it as a joke. I think it was later cleared up. He's made other jokes about hoping to get back in town from work to go beat that 15 car. Obviously most of the time, the jokes on him.
    That 15 car sure has had alot of folks scratching their heads. Not long ago it was Brian everyone was chasing, no surprise these guys are racing eachother for wins.

Thumbs up

well, thanks! I only seen the one post about it and never heard anymore. Obviously there was more that I did not see. Seeing that Brian was able to get a victory over Kay made me think about it again, that's why I asked. Thanks again for the apology.
    No thanks needed bud as most know I jump sometimes before I think lol and I'll be the first to admit that and when I'm wrong I'll man up and say I'm so.. Your ok with me..

If I were Kay and lost to Harris for 10 straight years, to now have found something special, I wouldn't sell him a car either. Why would he want to start losing again. But it looks like that has started again, so why not sell him a car and make some money.

Either Kay has the best setup man in the business or he's cheating. They're other Kay cars out there.
    Where Tall Corn Grows

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Harris View Post
    Either Kay has the best setup man in the business or he's cheating. They're other Kay cars out there.
    Amen. He was popped for cheating last year. And I believe his crew chief was popped for it with traction control years ago. My motto once a cheater........

Quote Originally Posted by rivercityhustler58 View Post
    Amen. He was popped for cheating last year. And I believe his crew chief was popped for it with traction control years ago. My motto once a cheater........
    Watch what you say. I know a Driver that had some soft Tars that was caught.