Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drivers race free at Daugherty Speedway

Drivers race free for the next 3 weeks no pit pass for drivers check out their Facebook page for more information

It didn't help

Why not? What's the deal why doesn't this place pack the pits? What more do people want drivers race free THE PAY HAS NOT AND WILL NOT BE CUT do to low car counts I don't get it we need to make our own opinions what do you have to loose? Gas money? Wrecked car? That can happen anywhere they are racecars

Quote Originally Posted by MattMitchell View Post
    Why not? What's the deal why doesn't this place pack the pits? What more do people want drivers race free THE PAY HAS NOT AND WILL NOT BE CUT do to low car counts I don't get it we need to make our own opinions what do you have to loose? Gas money? Wrecked car? That can happen anywhere they are racecars
    Matt, did they run on Sat ? and what kind of mod count did they have ? hoping for the best, last year they were welcoming and tried to put one a good show when were there, but track was a serious dust bowl hope this season has been better.

People are good there, program runs through good. For me just way to many rocks in the surface and they are flying everywhere. ( I am not tied in with Reynolds)

Yes got all the racing in Saturday night Track was dusty at the begining of the season now it's not at the begining of the season there was 15-17 cars the last few weeks it's been down to 4-8 modifieds they only had 3 crate late models for

We considered going there when the promoter posted they would qualify cars.
    When I heard he inverted cars before the feature (not the heat) I just laughed.

One obstacle that is really difficult to overcome is that on any Saturday night, there are 8-10 other tracks within 150 miles that are also racing, most of which are running the same classes. With the track only being reopened for a year and a half, a lot of the racers that used to run there have either gone to other tracks or got out of racing all together. Another factor is the size and configuration of the track. Compared to those other tracks, it is pretty hard on motors and tires. Michael is doing a lot of creative things to get cars to the track, but there are some things you just can't control. These are the same problems the Kamps were having their last few years, and they will continue no matter who the promotor is. It can still be a successful track, but it's going to take a lot of work and very intelligent decisions about what kind of events to have.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    One obstacle that is really difficult to overcome is that on any Saturday night, there are 8-10 other tracks within 150 miles that are also racing, most of which are running the same classes. With the track only being reopened for a year and a half, a lot of the racers that used to run there have either gone to other tracks or got out of racing all together. Another factor is the size and configuration of the track. Compared to those other tracks, it is pretty hard on motors and tires. Michael is doing a lot of creative things to get cars to the track, but there are some things you just can't control. These are the same problems the Kamps were having their last few years, and they will continue no matter who the promotor is. It can still be a successful track, but it's going to take a lot of work and very intelligent decisions about what kind of events to have.
    what is up with the group qualifying during hot laps ??? this is no bueno. track was indeed fast in the heat race before rains came.

Sprint cars do it at Kokomo and a lot of tracks do this it gives us what we want (qualifying) and speeds up the show for the fans

What is the purpose of qualifying if they are doing to do a full invert before the feature.
    You might as well leave your car in the trailer until the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by gangster49 View Post
    What is the purpose of qualifying if they are doing to do a full invert before the feature. You might as well leave your car in the trailer until the feature.
    I have to agree, plus track was in rough shape for hotlaps/group qualifying.... I did see the inversion which did not affect us at all, but at the same time, why hustle in the heat to then have to pass a bunch of cars to get to the front. Other than that track was good in heat race as mentioned....
    Last edited by sirleafalot; 07-29-2015 at 10:48 AM.

That one I guess slipped by me I must not have been paying attention I also don't see the point t invert the feature maybe doing it because car counts down, I don't know

Early in the year they were drawing 12-15 mods. Where have those cars gone? More importantly why did they stop racing at Daugherty?
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

I would also like to know why, are people p.o'ed? If so what for? If they did have a problem with the track or officials why not talk to Michael? A lot of them have gone to Shadyhill and Plymouth by the looks of the results

trying to talk to Michael is like talking to a wall, not to mention you might get thrown out or fined . place is a total sh-thole ,its michaels way or the highway ,right or wrong

Ggp127, it's his sandbox though, he has a set of rules that he goes by and seems consistent (as far as the modifieds go) I don't get to see much of the racing. Other tracks seem to let things slide more then Michael does. You have to remember the place sat dormant for a long time he's trying his best to get the surface back to where it should be. You also can't work the track when it rains 25" in a little over 30 days. I'm not a fan of the rocks either and he's trying to get rid of them, who else does a rock pick up with kids and gives away a bicycle for the most rocks collected, he is very fan and driver orientated. More then any other track that I have been to

well as a fan the no pass out is bs, the food is the worst and car count is terrible, only place i know where the pures street seem to be the headliner. racing is pretty decent just need more cars. also check out the stands less and less people there. i dont care what business you are in, the old my way or the highway ALWAYS bites you in the rear. this is my opinion only and yes i go there almost every weekend. terry grant

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    well as a fan the no pass out is bs, the food is the worst and car count is terrible, only place i know where the pures street seem to be the headliner. racing is pretty decent just need more cars. also check out the stands less and less people there. i dont care what business you are in, the old my way or the highway ALWAYS bites you in the rear. this is my opinion only and yes i go there almost every weekend. terry grant
    I won't go to any track that doesn't allow me to go out to my vehicle. I strongly shun any track that can't post results in a timely manner on their website. I don't do facebook.

did i read it right? fans get in free this weekend?