Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings Royal

Default Kings Royal

Surely there needs to be a thread for one of the "crown jewels" of dirt racing, you ALL arent just Late Model fans are you??

Here's hoping things dry out up there and stay that way thru the weekend.

I am hoping to see someone other than the 15 win this, but IF I had to bet, that'd be the car to take.

Drink up folks, its getting closer to show time!
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Kinda' looks like there isn't much interest here RifRaf.

I haven't been around this forum much in the past couple of months so I can't speak for recently but generally speaking most of the response here about dirt track open wheel racing is luke warm to outright negative.

The King's Royal is one of the Big 5 in all of dirt track racing and any objective observer of dirt track racing will attest to that.

The number 1 dirt track race is a toss up between The Knoxville Nationals and The Chili Bowl, take your pick.

The second tier of the top 5 is a toss up between the King's Royal and The World 100.

And coming in all alone at #5 would be The Dream.

That would be completely ignoring the NASCAR Truck race at Eldora but that event is so new and still is fresh and interest is going to be at a high level. A few more years will determine just where it will take it's place in the hierarchy of dirt racing interest.

This will probably create a bit of a pissing contest even though it has been discussed to the point of nausea.

But your original point of discussing The Kings Royal hasn't been completely derailed.

I'm really hoping for a newcomer of sorts to win and I really wish I could be at Eldora for the KR in spite of the fact that we're more of a wingless guy. I went to the KR way back in 1991 and enjoyed it a bunch but it falls at a busy time of year for us and we haven't been able to attend since, which is my loss, for sure.

I was beginning to wonder if this thing was on... tap tap... Thanks CIRF for verifying!

Totally agree on 2 fronts about the top 5: First, I share your asessment of them, I'd personally put the Knoxville Nationals #1 but as a disclaimer: I am biased, I LOVE that town and I have never attended a chilli bowl. And second, it HAS been debated ad nausea um and I definately didnt mean to start up another thread on defining the jewels!

I'll save my opinion on the truck "event" for the threads that will surely sprout up. What I will say in response tho, not deserving of even being considered top 5 IMO.

You're probably not going to miss much tho, we've all seen the "15 show" before... Not a fan of his but he's the odds on favorite and he traditionally does very well during this month-of-money
    Would LOVE to see a surprise winner take the throne. Any of the non-outlaw teams would probably be considered an "upset".
    Just maybe, maybe another outlaw team, a KKR car or 71m (53, 29, et al) can steal a win.

There is no such thing as a disappointing dirt race though, I will still drive home dirty sweaty and happy regardless!
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

And it definately looks like it'll be typical hazy hot and humid KR weekend. I am under the roof in the main grandstands and surely I will bake!

AFK til monday, Let's Go Racing!
    Last edited by RiffRaf67; 07-16-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: added AFK

Have fun RifRaf.

Wish I was there, too.

I would like to see Rico win the Royal....
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Lotta' people would like to see that lazyifoto, including me!!

That would be a very, very popular win.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    I would like to see Rico win the Royal....
    Is Rico even there. He is probably the only one who can stop the 15 in these big races. Doesn't he win most of them? Good to see Shane win last night, but isn't tonight another 20 laps? I know at least 10. Like Knowville last year, it seems almost impossible to hold the 15 off in longer races.

Default Go 19M !!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Is Rico even there.
    Yes. 4th heat outside second row.

Serious storm just passed through Rossburg.

Cars are unloading and push trucks running in the slop but another storm is brewing behind this last gullywasher.

Gonna be a late night at the Big E.

Great Kings Royal twitter feeds and pics: http://dirtracingreport.com/

Don't forget Eldora Live Timing when the racing resumes: http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/livetiming/
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

More rain.

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Storm #2. A doozy. The good news, Eldora is scary fast after this kind of rain - especially when the WoO sprints take over

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Default No Posse Zone

Going for his first WoO win. Make it a crowning achievement.

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

A sign of racing life.

WoO Updates @WoO_Updates

Motor Heat IS UNDERWAY!

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

<3

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Thanks for the pics and updates! It's good to see someone here doing open wheel updates!!

Well Well well, boy you missed a dandy race CIRF! And a spectator endurance test!
    Couldnt be happier that the 15 sputtered on fuel, I am NOT a fan of red flag fuel stops.
    They should all be big boys and take the midget fuel cells out of those cars.

Home at 5:20 am as the sky was starting to lighten up. Wasnt so much sweaty dirty as just plain TIRED at that point! but happy!

It has been a few years since I could endure these late nights. I cannot believe they got this race in. Thanks for those great photos Penn

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Well Well well, boy you missed a dandy race CIRF! And a spectator endurance test!
    Couldnt be happier that the 15 sputtered on fuel, I am NOT a fan of red flag fuel stops.
    They should all be big boys and take the midget fuel cells out of those cars.

Home at 5:20 am as the sky was starting to lighten up. Wasnt so much sweaty dirty as just plain TIRED at that point! but happy!
    I'm 100% in agreement RifRaf, in regards to the midget tail tanks.

Don't rub it in about how good a show it was!! LOL!! I feel bad enough I wasn't able to be there.

Glad to hear you got to see a great show and that you are pleased with the outcome.

Do you go to the 4 Crown Nationals? If so we might see ya' there.

how about that King.

I totally agree with you guys about running tankers, especially for the Month of Money.

Now I'm not saying the MoM needs fixed, it's fine as it is but bigger lap counts (for the fans!) for the bigger money would be a nice twist. A new set of crew chief notebooks being written is never a bad thing.

Limaland and I-55 could do 75 or 100 lappers.

Eldora, Lernerville (I'm not a fan of the current Silver Cup format), Williams Grove, Southern Iowa and Knoxville all run 50 laps without a fuel stop. If the Month of Money tracks increased the laps, it would justify the expense of a 33 gallon tank purchase. The real downside is most local teams that support their track can't afford the one-time use of a 1500.00, tank.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN