Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Davenport's car

Default Davenport's car

Has anybody got a look at the Brumley device on the left rear ?

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    Has anybody got a look at the Brumley device on the left rear ?
    I have. Still don't understand it. I have a few pictures, but out of respect I wasn't posting them.

Think it adds more bar thrust?

What is it?

It's a bracket attached to the birdcage, with a short little canister shock/with some bumpstops on it. I was at a Lucas race where he wrecked in qualifying, they took it off and put on the back up car.

Where on the birdcage, is it connected? What is the other end attached to? Little more description of installation would be helpful.

Man this sure sounds like an old bloomer trick. Look over here... not over here.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rayburnt1 View Post
    It's a bracket attached to the birdcage, with a short little canister shock/with some bumpstops on it. I was at a Lucas race where he wrecked in qualifying, they took it off and put on the back up car.
    Sounds like you're describing his travel limiter, they run a biscuit style one, nothing too trick about it.
    Something like this?

http://pitstopusa.com/i-5081232-ppm-...l-limiter.html

As hard as JD runs a car into the corners, I can see where a cushioned travel limiter might help keep the LR from leaving the track on entry. But most people don't like them over a standard chain because it doesn't provide consistent travel. But then again a good driver can work around that. So who knows...

Sounds to me like he is talking about a shock in place of the left top rod. I've considered trying to get n 18 inch canister shock and trying to do it on my car. My shock guy said he's tried it and very hard to tune. Seems like it would be more consistent with bump stops over a spring though

Could it be like a spring rod set up that they Run on the right side of NE modifieds?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    Sounds to me like he is talking about a shock in place of the left top rod. I've considered trying to get n 18 inch canister shock and trying to do it on my car. My shock guy said he's tried it and very hard to tune. Seems like it would be more consistent with bump stops over a spring though
    You may be right. My thought was to use bumps too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

A spring rod doesn't need an extra bracket though. Penske and Bicknell both make shocks for the springrods, hit and miss if you ask me.

Wink

Billet grins
    Attached Images Attached Images

.....??.....

Sorry figured more people might get it.

Smoke and mirrors! LOL

There are several things they are doing slightly different, but I have to say I really don't see any of them being that big of deal or some major advantage. It's a combo of things and they just have everything going for them right now.

Again going off what I know, could be some stuff I ain't aware of.

Billet thinks like powerslide

You're kinda right, they got something but the biggest deal is that the shock engineer(Kevin) is constantly making them better. They have a huge head start with a ton of data acquisition from racing not just practice laps and Kevin knows how to make that work. Not many out here can make that info work for them.

How do you record data during racing? Thought that was against the rules!

Because tech inspectors only check weight , body , tires and engine set back. Unless the car has been ripped apart at the track with independent observers I'm not sure why everyone is soooooo sure its legal ...