Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davenport's car

on davenports car< couldn it just be a brake floater w a bisquit on the end of it, would explain the separate braket and from a certain point of view can connect to the bcage (floater) use it like a 6th coil but on the bar instead of the arm? im convinced that's what is being described. unless I see it

I walked by the car about 10 times at the showme.Looked like he had a little different front geometry,5degrees down on the rrl bar ,20 to 25 on the rru bar.Watching the car run they keep the l/f pin to the ground ,witch was surprising to me with the rrl bar at 5 degrees down.Watcing him ,bloomer and Owens run, they have talent most people don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by save the racers View Post
    ...Watcing him ,bloomer and Owens run, they have talent most people don't have.
    This statement covers 98% of whats being discussed and the situation with Erb and the $28K is best answered with physics. Having watched Davenport drive for several years I believe him to be a very talented driver and not an intentionally dirty one. He does take chances and can at times be overly aggressive, but doing those things, combined with his talent is what got him to where he is today. I think the deal with Erb was more of a miscalculation by a driver running at the very limit of control and simply ended up with no room or any place to go other than a door slam. To me it is the poor opposite of what Josh Richards did to Casey Roberts back at Screven, where he intentionally drove through the infield and across Casey's nose. I think Davenport thought Erb was gonna run higher and dove low only to see Erb go low as well and they ran outta room.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

WISSOTA oulawed cameras anywhere except on the decklid... one reason was the cost of the Go-Pro equipment. My son's mod has a $59.00 Amazon-sold camera that works as good as the pricey ones. Another stupid rule...

I did have a camera in my car back in 2000. Back in that day everyone was 3 wheeling the cars. It all takes money and time to test and learn something that is faster than the rest. But most of us don't do it enuff to be consistent. Like bowling i'd like to be better but bowling once every to weeks don't get the job done. Just like Traction Control, you can just put it in and kick everyones butt. You need to adjust the driver and the chassis for it to work. Time and money test test test. Than you look at the policing of the rules. They don't check your shocks or the 4 bars or for cameras or in the drivers compartment for TC or weight jacks. Once it turns into nascar i'll be moving on.