Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FALS Weather

Default FALS Weather

I'm starting to see rain chances for Saturday. Never been to that track. Do they have good equipment to try to get the show in? I got burned at Wheatland back in May and I really don't wanna go trough that again.

The FALS crew will do everything in their power to get the show in.

Take a page from eldora and start heats at 1:30am

Ya they work there butts off to get this in besides I'm pulling up weather its to rain Fri nite at 2 am so I guess sat morning. Then not again til 11p sat nite.so things shud be all good.

It ain't gonna rain. ...Positive thoughts.

NOAA forecast shows a 30% chance of rain on Saturday during the day but no mention of rain for Saturday night.

Fairbury has implemented some funky (and in some cases a bit unfair) rain out policies in the past. That would be my only concern.

The last I knew Fairbury had a curfew so there probably won't be any 2:00 AM feature starts.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    NOAA forecast shows a 30% chance of rain on Saturday during the day but no mention of rain for Saturday night.

Fairbury has implemented some funky (and in some cases a bit unfair) rain out policies in the past. That would be my only concern.

The last I knew Fairbury had a curfew so there probably won't be any 2:00 AM feature starts.
    I don't believe they are under a curfew. They have several pieces of equipment ready to prepare the track if need be. If anything, Saturdays showers are scattered at best.

DONT JINX IT. Im not comin 4 1/2 hours to watch it pour the *bad word* lol
    2015 Tracks So Far (Big Races)-Florence- 5 (Ralph Latham)Ponderosa- 1Eldora- 3 (Dream)Fairbury- 1

Uh oh. NOAA has upped the chance of rain in Fairbury to 40% Saturday night.

No curfew, and quit being debbie downer (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

Well you're going to a sprint car race so....
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by FALS View Post
    No curfew, and quit being debbie downer (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).
    Are ya' sure about the curfew?

In regards to the Saturday night weather prognostication, don't blame me, blame NOAA. Don't hate the messenger 'cause ya' don't like the message. And who is this debbie downer you so disparagingly speak of? What has she ever done to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Well you're going to a sprint car race so....
    Say what? No sprint car race is within reasonable driving distance from us, at least not one we're interested in enough to go to. Not sure what the he!! your talking about and it appears you don't either.

Well you obviously arent going to the PDC, otherwise you wouldnt be saying uh oh 40% chance of rain. This is Illinois in July, the weather changes everyday and the weather man isnt always right. Just keep your weather tracking to yourself and all of us at the race will have the time of our lives. Mike the announcer for FALS has tweeted that there is not a curfew for Sat. A couple of months ago when JD showed up for a regular night of racing, qualifying started at 10pm, racing didnt get over until after 1am.

Even If there was a curfew I would think the town is smart enough to wave it esp for this weekend. Anyone at the track yet? Just heard forecast shud b all good only chance is late sat nite
    Last edited by t4g2; 07-22-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Every one that lives in town is at the race track watching or working the show! Great community!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

FAIRBURY HAS NO CURFEW! They say that every week folks. This crew will do eveything in their path to get the race in and the track prepped amazing for it! They are truly the best!
    Cole Swibold
    Ready for some MIDWEST DIRT SLINGIN!

Well you obviously arent going to the PDC, otherwise you wouldnt be saying uh oh 40% chance of rain. This is Illinois in July, the weather changes everyday and the weather man isnt always right. Just keep your weather tracking to yourself and all of us at the race will have the time of our lives. Mike the announcer for FALS has tweeted that there is not a curfew for Sat. A couple of months ago when JD showed up for a regular night of racing, qualifying started at 10pm, racing didnt get over until after 1am.
    Some of you Fairbury folks are a different breed (that's a nice way of saying a little strange), aren't you?

Some of you get all pissy about a post stating the current weather prediction for the weekend in a thread titled "FALS Weather". Hehehe!! Some of ya' are very easily upset and that's humorous!!

As far as me being at Fairbury this weekend, none of you know if we'll be there or not, now do ya'? However, did any of you genius's wonder why someone/anyone would be keeping their eye on the weekend weather if they have no intentions of being in the area to watch a dirt track race? Hehehe!!

Very strange, indeed.

Strange and superstitious indeed. Its almost Christmas in July, hope you enjoy your trip. Sorry for gettin pissy.

Are ya' sure about the curfew?

In regards to the Saturday night weather prognostication, don't blame me, blame NOAA. Don't hate the messenger 'cause ya' don't like the message. And who is this debbie downer you so disparagingly speak of? What has she ever done to you?

Say what? No sprint car race is within reasonable driving distance from us, at least not one we're interested in enough to go to. Not sure what the he!! your talking about and it appears you don't either.
    No Curfew ..Track is run by the Town.. As a hole the town Loves racing,,,,,,Most of the people work 2 or 3 races for free there then more people take there place.. They LOVE there Track........

Strange and superstitious indeed. Its almost Christmas in July, hope you enjoy your trip. Sorry for gettin pissy.
    No problem, FALS, and no need for an apology. I now clearly appreciate your anticipation of "Christmas in July". I have felt the same way many times.

This is going to be a great racing weekend for us with Fairbury being the meat in the sandwich of a Thursday night Silver Crown show over at ORP near Indy and a Tuesday night USAC National Midget show at Beloit, Kansas on our way to the 3 night show at The Belleville Midget Nationals at Belleville, Kansas the following weekend.

We're pulling out right now for Indy and this starts a 10 day period of racing that we've anticipated since January of this year.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that Mother Nature is kind for all the racing action and all of our Christmas wishes come true!

Hope you have a great time this weekend, FALS!!