Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: #fals

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I agree ab 2 day shows, but the FALS draw and full modified both nights softened the blow. Illini 100 has 2 complete now so tracks seem to be getting it
    I have to agree it has gotten better. I will see maybe I will attend next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Here ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls, we have another prime example of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. It's litey's long lost twin brother!!! Hehehehe!!!

And speaking of push and flip dune buggies, how does the PDC stack up against the Chili Bowl? Hehehehe!!!

320 cars, 5 nights of great racing with a packed house of about 11,000 all 5 nights and I don't think the Saturday night finale pays as much as the PDC. FALS kinda' pales in comparison, doesn't it? Literally LOL!!

Try another angle there sparky, this one ain't working for ya'!
    Oh, I know exactly what I'm talkin about. You constantly bring your open wheel wet dream posts on a late model forum. For what reason, who knows. Why you salivate about your passion for midgets and sprints on a late model board gets me.

As far as singing the praises of FALS, give me some examples of another dirt track that has produced the quality of racing that FALS has produced in the last 3 years for the PDC?
    And we are talkin late models sweetie, not sprints or midgets.

And remember Cirf, I like sprints and midgets myself. Pretty sure you know that. But it seems that's the only kind of racing out there in your eyes. Don't be so negative and I won't raz ya.
    8/13/16

You won't find to many Sprint/Midget fans that are Late Model fans vice versa. You have some tracks that support the open wheel cars more then the late model cars. I don't know why this is but Just is.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You won't find to many Sprint/Midget fans that are Late Model fans vice versa. You have some tracks that support the open wheel cars more then the late model cars. I don't know why this is but Just is.
    I'm one of those rare ones. I like them both pretty much equally as far as the racing. Their are just more full fendered cars racing in my area as compared to sprints/midgets. And their is just something about a dirt late model that just looks sexy if you know what I mean.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm one of those rare ones. I like them both pretty much equally as far as the racing. Their are just more full fendered cars racing in my area as compared to sprints/midgets. And their is just something about a dirt late model that just looks sexy if you know what I mean.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I told my wife that one time he she hit pissed lol. I said man she sure does look sexy and she said who and I said that model what model that late model lol.

Yeah I like both. I remember the days of going to Springfield Speedway and watching the sprints put on a whale of a show every Sunday.

Not debating the name of the place it will always be FALS to me or just plain home. Coining a term is who gets first to the thought, wasnt really sure where the America's Dirt Track came from. However if they continue to build the way they have they may host the most $10,000+ shows per season than any other dirt track, I am a local only so might be wrong there this year there were 3 scheduled for late models. May never be able to be huge like Eldora just due to the atmosphere but may have one of the best seasons overall. The fact they also acknowledge having a second strong track in the area is a must and have been willing to work with rather than against the nearest track is a great sign.

ps, there have been a lot of disappointed fans wanting to see the sprint cars the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Oh, I know exactly what I'm talkin about. You constantly bring your open wheel wet dream posts on a late model forum. For what reason, who knows. Why you salivate about your passion for midgets and sprints on a late model board gets me.

As far as singing the praises of FALS, give me some examples of another dirt track that has produced the quality of racing that FALS has produced in the last 3 years for the PDC?
    And we are talkin late models sweetie, not sprints or midgets.

And remember Cirf, I like sprints and midgets myself. Pretty sure you know that. But it seems that's the only kind of racing out there in your eyes. Don't be so negative and I won't raz ya.
    The racing this past weekend at the PDC was great. With that being said, I think I understand the point that CIRF is trying to get across (there is great racing at other tracks as well). For example, the racing at the following events has been great as well:

Silver Dollar Nationals @ Greenwood, NE
    USA Nationals @ Cedar Lake
    Knoxville Late Model Nationals
    Show-Me 100 @ Wheatland, MO
    MLRA shows @ Donnellson, IA

I am NOT taking a shot at the PDC, it was a great show !!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Actually, there are more of us that like multiple classes of dirt racing than you might think. What I have noticed over the years, is the fans who are only late model fans OR are only sprint fans, tend to be more vocal about these topics than those of us who like pretty much all dirt racing.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Actually, there are more of us that like multiple classes of dirt racing than you might think. What I have noticed over the years, is the fans who are only late model fans OR are only sprint fans, tend to be more vocal about these topics than those of us who like pretty much all dirt racing.
    That's a good point.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post

I'm a fan of all dirt track racing myself anymore whether it be midgets and sprints or wide open modifieds and super latemodels.... Even back when I still ran my cars I enjoyed them all....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You should be, cause they can make just as good of a case in favor of those tracks in those states as you can for FALS. Especially the folks in Iowa.

Don't disagree one bit, there's a lot of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good tracks out there. There's a lot of piss poor tracks out there too, lol. Just very happy to have what we have in our backyard, as I'm sure many others are about their home tracks.

Like others here, I'm a race fan, though I only really like watching dirt races. Sprint, midget, LM, mod, whatever, if they can put on a good show, I'm there.
    Last edited by dualdj1; 07-30-2015 at 10:33 AM.

If FALS was my home track, I would hype the H#LL out of it. It is deserving. I traveled from West Virginia to the PDC last weekend and it was worth every mile and penny spent. I went to Farmer City and Quincy too while I was out there and enjoyed those as well. I too am a fan of dirt racing, pretty much no matter what class it is. These folks who want to argue about everything and push their own opinions on everyone else is just like the government and the liberals...."I don't agree with you, but you need to agree with me and no one will be hurt". I think people like that are miserable and don't really know how to enjoy anything, much less a good dirt race. So to all you doom and gloomers, just stay home, more room for me in the bleachers.

Craig D1ckens

Not sure if it will be the race of the year again this year. But, i bet it will be in the top five. A great tack to go see a race!