Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #fals

Default #fals

Wow.... What a great weekend of racing

D A M N right, No Mars, No Lanigan And the Moyers finished way back. Perfect!!!

Wow.......just wow! They can just say right now..... 3 years in a row......race of the year. Hands down.
    Kudos to FALS.

Just glad I have been there all three years. WOW is right. #FALS put one hell of a show on for the fans......

Awesome! Pure awesome! I might start driving up from bama every weekend.

Another one in the books. Fairbury delivers as always. Thanks to all the volunteers that make this race possible.
    8/13/16

First time i ever took a nap at the track.......sawed some zzzzzzz in the parking lot during delay.....Definitely add this race to your bucket list.

If this race were televised on national TV it would get better ratings then the Daytona 500... #FALS.. Greatest place on earth..

Highlights looked pretty sick as usual. I gotta get up there one of these days.

good job for pdc

The national anthem made the hair stand up! That jim Cornelius can f'n belt it out. Kudos for fals to get him there. Hope he's back next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Mcklovin85.. View Post
    The national anthem made the hair stand up! That jim Cornelius can f'n belt it out. Kudos for fals to get him there. Hope he's back next year...
    wonder if he stayed for the race

Quote Originally Posted by Mcklovin85.. View Post
    If this race were televised on national TV it would get better ratings then the Daytona 500... #FALS.. Greatest place on earth..
    I think there is a reason it's not televised. If folks want to see the race live.....they have to buy a ticket. I'm sure they would allow live PPV if they could get a deal that would guarantee them being able to make the weekend profitable. If I added right from their payout sheet, I think the total weekend payout was around $140,000. That's alot of tickets, hotdogs and cokes they have to sell just to pay the purse, above and beyond their normal operating costs. The huge fan attendance is part of what makes the place great..... it's like no other! Congrats on another very successful weekend FALS!!!

pierceFAN, Jim didn't stay after he sang. He had a friend getting married and had to sing there as well. I was worried that we weren't able to hit the 6:15 anthem time for him,but it all worked out. After our meet and greets I took him through the pits and we watched the first two LM hotlap sessions from the backstretch. He was amazed by everything he saw.
    He said he would love to come back and spend an evening in "real" clothes as compared to his wedding clothes he had on. Truly a humble person and awesome to work with.
    His appearance was paid 100% through the Fairbury Fan Club. All monies over his fee will be donated to the Illinois Patriot Education Fund. THANK YOU fans!!!
    I asked him if he'd do it again and he said yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    pierceFAN, Jim didn't stay after he sang. He had a friend getting married and had to sing there as well. I was worried that we weren't able to hit the 6:15 anthem time for him,but it all worked out. After our meet and greets I took him through the pits and we watched the first two LM hotlap sessions from the backstretch. He was amazed by everything he saw.
    He said he would love to come back and spend an evening in "real" clothes as compared to his wedding clothes he had on. Truly a humble person and awesome to work with.
    His appearance was paid 100% through the Fairbury Fan Club. All monies over his fee will be donated to the Illinois Patriot Education Fund. THANK YOU fans!!!
    thats awesome

Default Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    Didnt get to see you last night but great job on that entire part of the event, loved when he talked about the blood pumping when he got to see the cars racing for the first time.

I will absolutely be there next year for this race. Looks like a great place.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I think there is a reason it's not televised. If folks want to see the race live.....they have to buy a ticket. I'm sure they would allow live PPV if they could get a deal that would guarantee them being able to make the weekend profitable. If I added right from their payout sheet, I think the total weekend payout was around $140,000. That's alot of tickets, hotdogs and cokes they have to sell just to pay the purse, above and beyond their normal operating costs. The huge fan attendance is part of what makes the place great..... it's like no other! Congrats on another very successful weekend FALS!!!
    Owe heck I agree wt ya I was just making a point of how much fun that place is and how good the racing is.. I wouldn't change a thing if I was the staff...

It was my first time and it was so worth the seven hour drive from west Virginia!!I definitely will be back!!The #FALS draw was freaking awesome and allowed for great fand driver interactions!!Big events should implement something like this at all big events!!And dang what a race!!Erb got what was coming to him and I like Erb and Davenport both lol!
    RJ7171C71R

P.S.The Conleys Rock and so does the DSP and PRP!!!

In regards to this race being on TV, if someone was in position to make a substantial amount of money producing a live broadcast you can bet your last cash it would be on TV.

Some may believe no TV is a sacred stance but if there was big money involved all that sanctimony would go right out the window, whether it be FALS that would be makin' the big money or whoever. Money talks, sentiment walks.