Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #fals

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Lightning View Post
    So if Erb all of a sudden stuffs JD hard into the wall instead of a pinch (not that Dennis would do that, he don't retaliate) in an upcoming race, you should be all good with that sense you like them both? Lol!!!
    Yeah, JL.....I cant wait to hear the haters outcry, when Erb pours that 55 gallons of Kryptonite on ole Super boy!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

But JD didn't stuff him onot the wall he just banked off of him a little bit and even JD said in his interview that his Mommy said if somebody is mean to you don't be nice to them lol!!I just say it was good hard racing and I don't care with a finish like that Im good either way lol
    RJ7171C71R

P.S.The Conleys Rock and so does the DSP and PRP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ7171C71R View Post
    But JD didn't stuff him onot the wall he just banked off of him a little bit and even JD said in his interview that his Mommy said if somebody is mean to you don't be nice to them lol!!I just say it was good hard racing and I don't care with a finish like that Im good either way lol
    Tell his mommy to pull his pants down and give him a whoopin, then! I bet Mr. Erb wont be as nice next time! Those veteran drivers have a LONG memory!

The track crew did an amazing job getting the track back into shape after the rain. we got there 1 1/2 hours early and couldn't find a seat. It was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcklovin85.. View Post
    If this race were televised on national TV it would get better ratings then the Daytona 500... #FALS.. Greatest place on earth..
    I am no NASCAR fan, but your statement is not even remotely true. Clearly, the racing would be better, but the ratings would be nowhere near the ratings that NASCAR gets.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I am no NASCAR fan, but your statement is not even remotely true. Clearly, the racing would be better, but the ratings would be nowhere near the ratings that NASCAR gets.
    Thanks for injecting some sanity, fryefan.

Just because a little dirt track in podunk Illinois has a run of 2 or 3 years of good racing at a given event and puts a few thousand people in the grandstand it doesn't translate to TV ratings that would be profitable and convince TV sponsors to pay for prime time programming.

Some folks get a little carried away in the afterglow!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Thanks for injecting some sanity, fryefan.

Just because a little dirt track in podunk Illinois has a run of 2 or 3 years of good racing at a given event and puts a few thousand people in the grandstand it doesn't translate to TV ratings that would be profitable and convince TV sponsors to pay for prime time programming.

Some folks get a little carried away in the afterglow!
    i agree with everything except the part about 2 or 3 years of good racing...ill admit there was a stretch where the racing at FALS was pretty ho hum at best...but I have been going there about 25 years and overall the racing there is usually stellar

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    Yeah, JL.....I cant wait to hear the haters outcry, when Erb pours that 55 gallons of Kryptonite on ole Super boy!

If ya dnt want to get passed then dnt let SUPERMAN catch ya!!

I'm pretty sure there is a track in podunk Ohio called Eldora. We've got something special on our hands with the PDC. Three different winners, three different nail biting finishes, and three different times the drivers put on an absolute showcase for the fans and I think the fans returned the favor to the drivers. We welcome everyone to come visit our little podunk town because it will be the time of your life. Oh and CIRF it rained the perfect amount.

CIRF have you ever been to #FALS?

For fuk sake some of you folks just cant think outside the box. I'm not that stupid.. I meant to say better ratings than the super bowl.. Now turn this thread into into football.. Good grief... i think I meant to hit the sarcasm button when I made the original post.. In other words it was a hypothetical statement.... Get it????

Quote Originally Posted by FALS View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a track in podunk Ohio called Eldora. We've got something special on our hands with the PDC. Three different winners, three different nail biting finishes, and three different times the drivers put on an absolute showcase for the fans and I think the fans returned the favor to the drivers. We welcome everyone to come visit our little podunk town because it will be the time of your life. Oh and CIRF it rained the perfect amount.
    The big difference is that the track in podunk Ohio has seating for about 20,000 and hosts a NASCAR National touring division every year which is on national TV. That Ohio track has had races broadcast live on network TV (Wide World of Sports) going back to the 1960's and has had a national reputation for 50+ years. That's a pretty good head start, wouldn't you say? I was only talking in reference to a possible live TV broadcast originating at Fairbury.

Oh, and you're correct, it did rain just the right amount. If it had been a little more we'd be talking about when they were going to run the PDC and how they were going to handle the rain check situation. Thank you Mother Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by pkracer View Post
    CIRF have you ever been to #FALS?
    Hahahahahaha!! We live less than an hour from Fairbury and I've been there probably more that 100 times over the years.

Yes pkracer, I have been to Fairbury! Hehehehe!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-27-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC39FAN View Post
    If ya dnt want to get passed then dnt let SUPERMAN catch ya!!
    Yeah ur right, he'll run out of talent on entry and then get eat up with the DUMBA$$!!

The only question remaining after this weekend... Will Bloomquist be back next year to try and master America's Dirt Track, or will he tuck tail and run for another 10 years?

Was impressed with his performance Friday night, but not so much Saturday.

America's dirt track? Hmmmmm.

I'm bettin' there are plenty of folks from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa and California who'd rightfully dispute that claim.

But, by all means, carry on. Hehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    America's dirt track? Hmmmmm.

I'm bettin' there are plenty of folks from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa and California who'd rightfully dispute that claim.

But, by all means, carry on. Hehehehe!
    And I'm happy to let them dispute it

I hope they have a fathead contest next year, I couldn't see all of them

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    D A M N right, No Mars, No Lanigan And the Moyers finished way back. Perfect!!!
    That was good!

Quote Originally Posted by FALS View Post

One thing that Fairbury has over Eldora is actual great track prep. Eldora may as well be asphalted.

Eldora lives on it's great facility with a huge seating capacity, it's history of prestigious races of nationwide fame of "crown jewel" races, and the ability to get away with making a great track of design into a rock hard black asphalt surface. Of which they can still fill the stands no matter what the track conditions are. Not many track can do this.

On the other hand Fairbury has a great track surface and truthfully much better racing as a result. But not a huge facility to match Eldora.

Myself, I would much rather see the PDC than the Dream or the World 100 because the actual racing is much better.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-27-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Amen! The party on Saturday too, Eldora like electricity in the air. 362 more days!