Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #fals

Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I. View Post
    What will you do when his streak runs dry, or they find his secret? Just curious.

You've been on a roll, ever consider The Lotory???
    Time will tell but I really dont see him slowing down unless they change motor to chrysler product.

Just read the article on Dirt on Dirt I think Kevin Rumley's statement sums up #FALS to a T

" When I was a kid this was my imaginary track that I played cars with "

Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I. View Post
    Maybe tmac will start winning again and you can jump back on that bandwagon?

I wish he would. Ive been patiently waiting. It sure would be nice to see him back in his winning ways. Thanks for caring!

It's racing's version of the movie "Field of Dreams".

Quote Originally Posted by dualdj1 View Post
    And I'm happy to let them dispute it
    You should be, cause they can make just as good of a case in favor of those tracks in those states as you can for FALS. Especially the folks in Iowa.

as far as "Americas dirt track", I believe it was DirtonDirt which coined this phrase in a blog they posted back during the 2014 PDC! I, also saw a vote back in April of this year which had 54 tracks on it in 22 states and #FALS won the vote. This poll was done by Dirt Track Racing on their FB page.
    Last edited by #FALSuperman; 07-28-2015 at 10:00 AM.

CIRF sure knows how to hate one FALS! You guys are probably Bobby fans so it's cool if you never come back, we dont need need ya. Have fun driving 8 hours when "America's Dirt Track" is in your back yard.

Been to 4 Big races at Eldora all ho hum......been too 8 PDCs 1 not so good 1 ok 2 better then good and 4 out of this world that would be 6 if i had gone this year and last (Sick did not make it).....If the Cowboys can be America's Team then Fairbury can be "America's Dirt Track" Cause the Cowboys $uck and Fairbury Don't....All is in the mind ... And my Mind is made up.....A lot of fans at Eldora go is the race over O give me a beer.. Most fans a Fairbury Go What a RACE.....
    ADDED
    O and you Don't have too be the Largest to be the Best (More seating).. You Just have too be BETTER.....
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 07-28-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Eldora and that Track in Iowa are run just to make money / Fairbury wants to just make enuff money so that they can race next year.. Cause they LOVE Racing..........Fairbury is a Nonprofit they must spend most of the money they bring in by the State rules on Fairs .. This is why they have a BIG fire works show on 4th of July..This is why you see something new every year at Fairbury.. Run by the People for the People and the People are getting it.....
    FarmerCity is now running there place the same way and in 3 years look how much the place has improved ... They get it and the ILL. Fans are better off for it.....They had a Race where 12 cars showed up Lance said Pay out the same that's what we said we pay so we pay it....The driver were in shock and all left happy......Lance said its the right thing too do.....Thank you God for Fairbury and FarmerCity......
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 07-28-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FALS View Post
    CIRF sure knows how to hate one FALS! You guys are probably Bobby fans so it's cool if you never come back, we dont need need ya. Have fun driving 8 hours when "America's Dirt Track" is in your back yard.
    Hehehehe!!

Bobby who?

Never really wanted to get under anyone's thin skin but if that's the by-product of stating facts then we'll take it without hesitation. We're just stating the obvious and it obviously deeply offends you for whatever irrational reason.

I have nothing against Fairbury but I'm not so out of touch and blinded by tunnel vision as to conjure up visions of sugar plums like it's "Americas Dirt Track" when there are many tracks with as much or more history, tradition and great racing that could lay claim to that moniker. Not a shot at Fairbury, just reality without the phony homer attitude. It seems in the eyes of some if one doesn't scream the accolades of FALS from every roof top and message board then you hate the place. Sigh. LOL!

Lastly, if Fairbury was a wicked fast circular 1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years, that has had the likes of Stan Fox, Jeff Gordon, Jack Hewitt, Kasey Kahne, Billy Boat, Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell as it's past winners I promise you I'd be in the stands for every one and lovin' every minute of it. And for the cherry on top add the Silver Crown cars to the deal.

But, since the racing I speak of is in Kansas then we'll joyfully make the 8 hour drive to enjoy it year after year and we do, in fact, always have fun, thank you!!

Now, got anything else silly to say? Hehehehe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hehehehe!!

Bobby who?

Never really wanted to get under anyone's thin skin but if that's the by-product of stating facts then we'll take it without hesitation. We're just stating the obvious and it obviously deeply offends you for whatever irrational reason.

I have nothing against Fairbury but I'm not so out of touch and blinded by tunnel vision as to conjure up visions of sugar plums like it's "Americas Dirt Track" when there are many tracks with as much or more history, tradition and great racing that could lay claim to that moniker. Not a shot at Fairbury, just reality without the phony homer attitude. It seems in the eyes of some if one doesn't scream the accolades of FALS from every roof top and message board then you hate the place. Sigh. LOL!

Lastly, if Fairbury was a wicked fast circular 1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years, that has had the likes of Stan Fox, Jeff Gordon, Jack Hewitt, Kasey Kahne, Billy Boat, Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell as it's past winners I promise you I'd be in the stands for every one and lovin' every minute of it. And for the cherry on top add the Silver Crown cars to the deal.

But, since the racing I speak of is in Kansas then we'll joyfully make the 8 hour drive to enjoy it year after year and we do, in fact, always have fun, thank you!!

Now, got anything else silly to say? Hehehehe!!!
    CIRF Knowing you are a Sprint fan ( I like them too but LM more)
    Not knocking you, you have the right too think what you want, and that don't make you wrong ..
    1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years Is not what it was
    . THE LAST 5 OR SO YEARS IT IS NOT WHAT IT WAS......Good racing is way down.. It is more living on it Rep then the racing.....

Quote Originally Posted by FALS View Post
    If you ran the push and flip dune buggies, He'd come
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    CIRF Knowing you are a Sprint fan ( I like them too but LM more)
    Not knocking you, you have the right too think what you want, and that don't make you wrong ..
    1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years Is not what it was
    . THE LAST 5 OR SO YEARS IT IS NOT WHAT IT WAS......Good racing is way down.. It is more living on it Rep then the racing.....
    I'm not sprint car fan, I'm not a midget fan, I'm not a late model fan. I'm a race fan. Period. I can thoroughly enjoy the Herald & Review 100 or the Prairie Dirt Classic and turn right around and completely enjoy The Belleville Nationals, The Oval Nationals, The Gold Crown or the USAC Silver Crown cars on the dirt miles. I consider myself an objective, open minded race fan. Obviously a foreign concept to some of ya'll here.

Have you been to Belleville? Ever? Well I have. 4 times over the past 5 years and it's one of the best shows I attend year in and year out. Is it going to be as exciting as The H&R 100 or the PDC year in and year out, or visa versa? That just isn't a feasible expectation either way. The year Kyle Larson won at Belleville it was the most exciting race we watched all that season and that included the PDC. I was at both. In 2013 Rico Abreu and Christopher Bell (recognize that name) put on a show for the ages with Bell coming out the victor. The right rear was a foot or two off the outside wall almost all the way around the place and they're turning laps well in excess of 100 mph!!

If you're a dirt late model fan that believes nothing else can be remotely entertaining that's perfectly okay but please know what you're talking about despite your gorss lack of objectivity. If FALS wants to promote itself as America's Dirt Track that's fine and more power to them and that's a great marketing/promotional slogan, but there are several tracks that can legitimately lay claim to that tag as much or maybe more than FALS. At least in the minds of objective thinking race fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If you ran the push and flip dune buggies, He'd come
    Here ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls, we have another prime example of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. It's litey's long lost twin brother!!! Hehehehe!!!

And speaking of push and flip dune buggies, how does the PDC stack up against the Chili Bowl? Hehehehe!!!

320 cars, 5 nights of great racing with a packed house of about 11,000 all 5 nights and I don't think the Saturday night finale pays as much as the PDC. FALS kinda' pales in comparison, doesn't it? Literally LOL!!

Try another angle there sparky, this one ain't working for ya'!

You can say what ever, but there are two tracks that I hate to miss a race at. That is FALS and Knoxville Iowa, both Not for Profit tracks. It isn't unreasonable to expect great racing at either. They don't disappoint very often. I've never been to I 80, but it also looks like a great track.

Apples to oranges, have the chili bowl in July and see how the car count and attendance turn out. I agree there is a lot of good racing out there but if you love DLM's and a track has produced the race of the year 3 or 4 times out of the last 5 years in that genre of racing they deserve their props. If you live within an hour of FALS and weren't there this past weekend I feel sorry for you... unless ur lil bobby

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    pierceFAN, Jim didn't stay after he sang. He had a friend getting married and had to sing there as well. I was worried that we weren't able to hit the 6:15 anthem time for him,but it all worked out. After our meet and greets I took him through the pits and we watched the first two LM hotlap sessions from the backstretch. He was amazed by everything he saw.
    He said he would love to come back and spend an evening in "real" clothes as compared to his wedding clothes he had on. Truly a humble person and awesome to work with.
    His appearance was paid 100% through the Fairbury Fan Club. All monies over his fee will be donated to the Illinois Patriot Education Fund. THANK YOU fans!!!
    I asked him if he'd do it again and he said yes.

Very cool! Blackhawks have been my favorite sports team since the 90's! Great to see Jim come down to Fairbury. Wish I could have made the race.

If people want to call Fairbury America's Track who the ____ cares? Probably only people bothered by it are just wishing somebody at their track had thought of it first. Same as the Cowboys being America's Team. I don't recall a nationwide election ever being held so we could vote on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Apples to oranges, have the chili bowl in July and see how the car count and attendance turn out. I agree there is a lot of good racing out there but if you love DLM's and a track has produced the race of the year 3 or 4 times out of the last 5 years in that genre of racing they deserve their props. If you live within an hour of FALS and weren't there this past weekend I feel sorry for you... unless ur lil bobby
    Thanks for feeling sorry for me lol. Had to work late Friday but, I haven't been to the pdc since they changed it to a 2 day format. Yes I know my loss and yes they do usually have some good races at Fals. I'm just not a fan of the 2 day shows. I have never been to one and don't plan on starting now..

I agree ab 2 day shows, but the FALS draw and full modified both nights softened the blow. Illini 100 has 2 complete now so tracks seem to be getting it