Thread: Lark trailer

Default Lark trailer

Will s late model fit in a 8.5 foot wide x 20 foot long lark emclosed trailer. How long are ramp overs normally built.

late model will fit in a 20' 102" trailer but not much else in front, maybe toolbox, have to build the ramps as far forward as you can also recommend building them 12" high at least and put hinges and lift up top to store parts under car you"ll also have to store tires under car. I've tried different ways, use 2+12 for the sides and 1/2" plywood for the top, use 2+12" for cross bracing under ramps, I'm pretty shur mine are 18' long 2' wide.

Thanks great information I have a 1500 silverado so I am trying to get the most but not get where I can't pull it.

pm me if you need advise how to build inside.

If there is any way at all I would go with a 24'. That's what we bought this year I could not imagine 4' less. Could really use 4' more but with a little planning we squeeze it all in.

Let me know how it pulls. I'm using an open trailer because I didn't think my half ton would be able to handle an enclosed.

I have a 28' enclosed with a late model and my 2013 Silverado 1500 pulls it just fine.
    Follow me on Twitter@britangodsey14b

Stopping it is more important that pulling it.
    You can usually control how fast you accelerate but decelerating sometimes decided for you!

Just the other day a bad wreck occurred locally when a poor guy in front of me hauling drywall on a way too heavy of a trailer started whipping and around it went, forcing the truck into an embankment and destroying the truck, load of drywall and another car beside it. No one was hurt but I've wondered about how heavy an enclosed is fully loaded down on smallish trucks I see at the tracks.

I have a 2014 GMC 1500 ext. cab with 6.2 and that open trailer, late model, and four wheeler are about all it wants.