Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    couple points: nascar and Daytona raceway are owned by the Frances they we're the ones that didn't protect the drivers with safe wall everywhere. I don't think a driver/team has to race every event to still win the champion ship in any form of motorsport as long as they are good enough to win races and run good when they show up. just look at the nhra and all the dirt series across the country.
    You know, you make a good point, our DLM driver won three championships in one year, all in the DLM and I know for a fact that he didn't make all the shows in one division...

I have no problem with him missing shows. It's just the fact that it matters which shows he misses. I agree It should be like the dirt circuits. What shows your driver didn't make it to, didn't matter. Heck, I just like debating on here too. They will change the rules again by next year anyway. Just hate to see something I used to love turn into such a laughing stock. Until 6-7 years ago I didn't miss a lap. I planned everything around Sundays. Now, I turn it over to the race if there's nothing better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by A ron View Post
    I have no problem with him missing shows. It's just the fact that it matters which shows he misses. I agree It should be like the dirt circuits. What shows your driver didn't make it to, didn't matter. Heck, I just like debating on here too. They will change the rules again by next year anyway. Just hate to see something I used to love turn into such a laughing stock. Until 6-7 years ago I didn't miss a lap. I planned everything around Sundays. Now, I turn it over to the race if there's nothing better to do.

Hello DVR..... record it and watch it when I'm ready.... Usually about nine in the evening... rarely takes more then an hour and a half or so maybe two hours if its really good....

Quote Originally Posted by A ron View Post
    The problem to me is that it's messed up the racing. Look at Homestead last year. Everybody basically pitted because they were scared of messing up the top 4.
    I really don't see how it is any different than it was under the old system. When it came to the end of the year, a whole lot of guys were cruising around in circles trying to not get in the way of anyone still racing for the title, because the nature of any scoring system in racing for a season long championship means that by the end of the year, only a couple will still have a shot at being number one. Most of the field when it comes down to the last few races are just racing for 3 or 4th on back anyway, regardless of how they format it.

Now, about those Oakleys.....
    Last edited by t.nie; 07-30-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    I really don't see how it is any different than it was under the old system. When it came to the end of the year, a whole lot of guys were cruising around in circles trying to not get in the way of anyone still racing for the title, because the nature of any scoring system in racing for a season long championship means that by the end of the year, only a couple will still have a shot at being number one. Most of the field when it comes down to the last few races are just racing for 3 or 4th on back anyway, regardless of how they format it.

Now, about those Oakleys.....
    Agreement in that...

We're pullin' for Busch big time to win the championship!! Go Kyle Busch!!

Busch winning the Cup championship will further expose NASCAR for the fraud they really are.

It will make for a great headline "NASCAR Cup Champion Is Crowned Despite Having Only Run 1/2 The Scheduled Races"!!

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! It doesn't get any better than that!
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-05-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Suits me, I've been pullin' for him for several years.... its a shame that he's turned into such a nice guy though... and if he wins, the headline can be, "Yes, He is that good!!"

Yeah Kyle is a wheel man no doubt. Thought he was gonna get 4 in row Sunday. If he had stayed at Hendrick, I don't think JJ would be a 6-time

Try not to get carried away here, okay. The guy hasn't won ANYTHING yet in regards to championships. And, even if he wins the championship this year it will be grossly tainted and dismissed by many of the few (and there are less every day) who regard themselves NASCAR fans. The 1990 championship was also highly tainted but nowhere near as tainted as if pee wee jr. wins this year.

There is no possible way a championship since 2004 can be favorably compared to championships prior to '04 and pee wee jr. can't really be favorably compared to guys like David Pearson or Cale Yarborough or Bobby Allison, either as a driver or as a human being.

I really couldn't care any less who wins these manufactured, gimmicked up championships. I just want pee wee jr. to win this years championship so it puts another huge indelible blemish on the already irrelevant musings that are a growing part of the NASCAR legacy.

GO PEE WEE JR.!!!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-05-2015 at 05:58 PM.

For a guy that could care less about the Chase, NASCAR and Kyle Busch, CIRF sure has a lot to say about it.... If I were a driver, and my crew chief screwed me like Lagonos, Kyles, JJ's, David Ragan's and everyone else, somebody might be getting fired.... most pitted with 29 to 30 laps on the prior stop, that left them with 37 laps left to go and knowing their pit window is 34 laps on a 2.5 mile track..... they had plenty of room to run two more laps off the prior run and not have a fuel mileage race....their excuse? Might have had a yellow, might have had a snow storm too... somebody's ears would have been smokin' at the Monday morning meeting..

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    For a guy that could care less about the Chase, NASCAR and Kyle Busch, CIRF sure has a lot to say about it.... If I were a driver, and my crew chief screwed me like Lagonos, Kyles, JJ's, David Ragan's and everyone else, somebody might be getting fired.... most pitted with 29 to 30 laps on the prior stop, that left them with 37 laps left to go and knowing their pit window is 34 laps on a 2.5 mile track..... they had plenty of room to run two more laps off the prior run and not have a fuel mileage race....their excuse? Might have had a yellow, might have had a snow storm too... somebody's ears would have been smokin' at the Monday morning meeting..
    I certainly do. And I'll be watching and heartily cheering on pee wee jr. the rest of the way!!!

I haven't had any type of emotional stake in who wins the phony gimmicked up championship in years but this one has taken on a serious and heartfelt significance.

pee wee jr. winning the championship would be the cherry on top of a big ol' proverbial banana split that NASCAR has had in the works for more than 10 years and it's shaping up to be the phoniest championship since the gimmicks took over the racing!!

Come on Mud, lets cheer on pee wee jr. together!!! Hahahahaha!!!! It's bad enough that NASCAR makes up some BS waiver so a guy that has only run 1//2 the races is even eligible to win a championship but if he actually does win it, that would be as good as it gets!!! Hehehehehe!!!

GO PEE WEE JR.!!!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-05-2015 at 05:57 PM.

So you want to see Nascar go down the tubes? So you insert your opinion about a racing series you do not watch? You are pathetic. Maybe find some more constructive to do other than trash things you do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    So you want to see Nascar go down the tubes? So you insert your opinion about a racing series you do not watch? You are pathetic. Maybe find some more constructive to do other than trash things you do not like.
    Awwww tony. Please don't get so upset. It only serves to possibly make your blood pressure go way up. We don't want ya' poppin' a cork or blowin' a gasket. Hehehehe!

tony, I don't want NASCAR to go down the tubes (at least not until pee wee jr. wins the championship later this year), I'm now an avid fan and will be watching intently from now until pee wee jr. either wins the championship or is no longer in contention and we'll be enthusiastically cheering him on to VICTORY in each and every race!!

Are ya' with me tony?!! Hehehehehe!!

GO PEE WEE JR.!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-05-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Call ole Kyle what ever you want, I'm liking this run a lot.... your the one that comes up looking like the chump, not me... I at least watch.......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Call ole Kyle what ever you want, I'm liking this run a lot.... your the one that comes up looking like the chump, not me... I at least watch.......LOL
    I always call pee wee jr. whatever I want and even though I don't seek it I certainly appreciate your approval. Hehehehe!!

Look like a chump?! Give me a break, I'm watching religiously and joyfully cheering on your boy pee wee jr? Come on mud, I'm on your side in this deal!! Hehehehe!!

GO PEE WEE JR.!!!

my comment stands. Get a life young man.

I really don't give a $hit whether what you say "still stands" or not. To be told by the likes of you, tony, to "get a life" is a badge of honor, to be sure! Hehehehehe!!!

Can't you understand that we're with you on this one? We're gonna' have our eye on NASCAR from here to the end cheerin' on pee wee jr. To have pee wee jr. win the Cup championship this year would be the ultimate satisfaction! It would prove beyond any reasonable doubt that NASCAR really is nothing more than a gimmicked up carnival show and the champion of their premier series need only compete in 1/2 the season. How much better does it get than that, tony? Hehehehe!

GO PEE WEE JR.!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-05-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Hey CIRF, Kyle Bush rules!!

I'm with you, Clayton!! pee wee jr. has me looking forward to the Cup race every week these days.

GO PEE WEE JR.!!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-05-2015 at 06:05 PM.

The one resoundingly good thing ole Kyle does, is give up and comers a shot....So does Brad K.... I think that is probably the single best trait the both of them have....they know "from whence they came" and they know hw hard it is to get to the top so kudos to both of them for giving young racers a chance and not forcing them to bring money to do it... Jr has done it too, but not to the extent Kyle and Brad have...