Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairbury

Default Fairbury

With all the buzz regarding Fairbury and The PDC is it time to consider it a crown jewel?
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Absolutely....

I thought a crown Jewel race had to pay better than $50.000.00? Knoxville is not considered a crown Jewel and neither is Cedar Lake. For $26.000.00 it has a long way to go!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I thought a crown Jewel race had to pay better than $50.000.00? Knoxville is not considered a crown Jewel and neither is Cedar Lake. For $26.000.00 it has a long way to go!!!!!
    It's not all about the money, also who doesn't consider Knoxville and Cedar Lake crown jewels?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    It's not all about the money, also who doesn't consider Knoxville and Cedar Lake crown jewels?
    The people who have determined which races are the crown jewels. Higher authority people than you or I and this entire 4m board!!!! I would love for these 2 races to be named crown Jewels. But there not.

Crown jewel is just a term the higher ups use to promote these races, facilities, TV airings. I think the atmosphere rivaled eldora, only difference to me is amount of racing I get to see at eldora. Plus I'm a fan of inverts. I'd like to tell out of staters to come to the PDC next year but basically at full capacity now

The people who have determined which races are the crown jewels. Higher authority people than you or I and this entire 4m board!!!! I would love for these 2 races to be named crown Jewels. But there not.
    Not sure who that would be? Ask the winner of Knoxville and the USA Nationals if they think those races are crown jewels. I think most people will agree that the World, Dream, DTWC, Knoxville, North South, USA Nats, Topless, and Show Me are the crown jewels. The PDC is probably joining that discussion. Races that are borderline crown jewels in my opinion are the Firecracker, Hillbilly, World Finals. That's just my opinion, crown jewels differ from person to person, driver to driver.

Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I. View Post
    Who are these people, and what makes them so high and mighty?
    Good question. They must be blind. There are several races they should consider crown Jewels or at least add them to the list. I-80, Fairbury and the 2 I mentioned. Maybe they could have just a crown Jewel series point champion. Would add more excitement.

Is pdc capable of running the same format as I-80? Best format out there. No D A M N time trials. You race to get in or go home!!!!!

When ya got something going as good as the pdc at Fals do you really want to mess with it?
    Yes. See who really is on there game and can race.

Both of those are CLEARLY crown jewel events, as well as the Show-Me 100, Silver Dollar Nationals, the Dream, the World 100, etc.

Who are these people, and what makes them so high and mighty?
    They only exist in his/her mind.

Not sure who that would be? Ask the winner of Knoxville and the USA Nationals if they think those races are crown jewels. I think most people will agree that the World, Dream, DTWC, Knoxville, North South, USA Nats, Topless, and Show Me are the crown jewels. The PDC is probably joining that discussion. Races that are borderline crown jewels in my opinion are the Firecracker, Hillbilly, World Finals. That's just my opinion, crown jewels differ from person to person, driver to driver.
    Excellent analysis of the situation.

When ya got something going as good as the pdc at Fals do you really want to mess with it?
    Yes, the I-80 format would make it even better! WoO can't think outside the box though. Mark Richards would have a hissy fit, and we can't have that.

My list would not include any that time trial or have provisionals, a true stand alone event, no handicapping or automatics from outside point standings, everyone on equal footing. Like the I80 and Knoxville formats overall, if they drop the provisionals.

The term Crown Jewel is thrown around way, way too much in dirt late model racing. Just because race pays more than 20K doesn't make it a crown jewel.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The term Crown Jewel is thrown around way, way too much in dirt late model racing. Just because race pays more than 20K doesn't make it a crown jewel.
    And there you have it. Thank you Josh for putting things into crystal clear perspective.

I Don't get it .....Most there say its the Race of the YEAR (and last year and the year be for).... And people want to change it WHAT......If this is not a Crown Jewel then most ant......I guess the race has to $uck and pay a million bucks to be called a Crown Jewel ......

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I Don't get it .....Most there say its the Race of the YEAR (and last year and the year be for).... And people want to change it WHAT......If this is not a Crown Jewel then most ant......I guess the race has to $uck and pay a million bucks to be called a Crown Jewel ......
    Agreed...going even further back, FALS PDC has been named race of the year 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015?? If so, that would be 4 out of 5 years. Find me another track which has the race of the year 4 out of 5 years. I liked the assessment someone said earlier...FALS is like Dirt Tracks version of Field of Dreams. Maybe they should move the "Dream 100" race to FALS

Not sure who that would be? Ask the winner of Knoxville and the USA Nationals if they think those races are crown jewels. I think most people will agree that the World, Dream, DTWC, Knoxville, North South, USA Nats, Topless, and Show Me are the crown jewels. The PDC is probably joining that discussion.

I agree with that list. After making my first but not last trip to the PDC I'd say it goes on the list.