Default Knoxville Late Model Nationals

First time going to the event this year, just wondering on suggestions where to sit? Pre order tickets or would we be fine buying them at the track? Thanks!!

outside of long lines at the ticket office, buying at the track is fine (only reserved seating is Sections C, D, E, F and G from maybe row 25 up). AA, BB, A, B, H, I, J, K, L, M and N are all reserved seating. 42 rows of seats in each section stretching from turn #4 to turn #1.

It's all personal preference, but I would sit in I or J (about the middle of the frontstretch about row 31 (right before the beams holding up the suites).

Be prepared for any type of weather (it's been as cold as 28 degrees and as warm as 80 degrees during the races over the past 10 years).

Thanks! We are staying in Pella, is there enough to do around the track and town to keep us busy during the day or would we be better off staying in Des Moines?

Quote Originally Posted by WRC11 View Post
    Thanks! We are staying in Pella, is there enough to do around the track and town to keep us busy during the day or would we be better off staying in Des Moines?
    depends on what you like to do. Pella has a very nice downtown square with 2 bakeries, a meatmarket and small shops.

Racetrack usually has vendor row set up (T-shirts) as well as plenty going on the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame off turn #2 of the Raceway (they usually have programs throughout the day and weekend with various drivers, teams, former drivers, etc.). Slideways Karting Center will be open all day every day I'm sure. Seems like a lot of fans tailgate all day on Saturday (at least they have the past couple of years) in the HyVee parking lot.

If you've never been, do a google map search and look at the Satellite view, you will see the racetrack is located "in town" as opposed to on the outskirts of town or outside of town (way different than anywhere else I've ever attended outside of the Iowa State Fair Speedway).

Since I live in Knoxville, it's hard for me to gauge what you consider enough to do (my kids have school Thursday and Friday and I have to work those days).

The Raceway usually starts listing items going on that weekend once they get through the Sprint Car Nationals here in 2 weeks. The Sprint Car Hall of Fame may already have some stuff on their schedule www.sprintcarhof.com

almost forgot. MAJOR construction on Highway T-15 at Red Rock Dam between Pella and Knoxville going on (changing the Dam over to a Hydroelectric Dam). They have had temporary road closures for about a year now and have more scheduled for the next 3-1/2 years, so make sure to map out a couple routes to Knoxville from your hotel in case you run into construction delays.

Stay in Des Moines, if you want something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC11 View Post

Stay in Des Moines. There is not enough to do around the track to be there all day. Definitely pay attention to the forecast.