Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NORTH/SOUTH 100 what to expect

I've never been to this race and plan on going this year. I was curious how many have been to this race in Kentucky and what to expect as far as how the track runs, facilities, when to get there, etc...Thanks

Big crowd, get there early. If you plan to leave Saturday after the race your going to be in traffic for awhile. Friday night backstretch party is usually very good. The show usually runs very quickly no waiting around for this or that to happen.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Awesome...Thanks TTS. How about the track? I am hoping the track will allow for the racing to be competitive.

With the new format it's one of the best races of the year. They've made improvements to the track and the track prep that have made a world of difference. This race has one of the best atmospheres in racing next to Eldora.

I have been going to the North/South 100 since i was a kid and ive lived north and south of the track. Some ideas and thoughts:1. The racing is usually good, you can expect a decent crowd of cars (both on and off the track)2. The track has 1 road going to the backstretch, but the front has 4 exit points (turn 4, two on the front stretch and one in turn one)3. If you plan on leaving, do it early or later if possible. But if you decide to leave immediately following the race, expect to sit in traffic for a second in the parking lot. Once you get on the road, i reccomend turning left and going twoards verona (everyone usually turns right for the MOST part)4. Theres good food from Warsaw (south on 42) all the way to florence that is relatively close, and a bar about 1000 yards from the track called boondocks.5. The friday night party is a blast, come hang out, ride the simulator, drink some beer, meet some drivers and have a good time.5.
    2015 Tracks So Far (Big Races)-Florence- 5 (Ralph Latham)Ponderosa- 1Eldora- 3 (Dream)Fairbury- 1

Wow, that was some great info! I appreciate it...if I had any doubts about which to choose (Eldora/Florence), I think I am now definitely going to this race. I've been to plenty enough World 100's. It's time for a change.

You wont be disappointed. usually a great show!

Default both

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Wow, that was some great info! I appreciate it...if I had any doubts about which to choose (Eldora/Florence), I think I am now definitely going to this race. I've been to plenty enough World 100's. It's time for a change.
    don't miss ELDORA but got to both. they both run everything in one day. north south is a great time only one Eldora though.

Quote Originally Posted by mll8pt View Post
    don't miss ELDORA but got to both. they both run everything in one day. north south is a great time only one Eldora though.
    Totally agree! I wouldn't pass up the World for the North/South.

uhm with the format change i enjoyed the North/South More than i did the World last year. Yes Bloomer did put on a great show last year. I just think you can see better at the north south also. TThose haulers on the infield are a pain to see around sometimes depending on where you sit.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

One thing to keep in mind this year. The 42 yard sale deal is going on that weekend so traffic to and from the track to Florence will be wild the closer you get to the track. As far as the World vs NS100 deal goes...hit them both but I like Florence a little more myself. The new format with passing points is outstanding at the NS. You won't be disappointed with either though.

Thanks everyone...really good info on here. Basically, I've used up most my time off for the year and need to choose between the two. I am leaning towards the North/South not because I don't like Eldora (been many times), but more so because I have never been to North/South. I would like to see other venues is all. Reading everyone's comments on here makes me pretty excited about the North/South race!

the party is better at eldora but the racing is better at florence

AND PLEASE make sure you visit the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame and attend the induction ceremony on Saturday at 4 PM on the infield stage.

I'm not so sure about the party being better at Eldora anymore lol. Also you have till the 31st to get discount tickets for the NS100. Reserved seats are the way to go if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Links View Post
    I'm not so sure about the party being better at Eldora anymore lol. Also you have till the 31st to get discount tickets for the NS100. Reserved seats are the way to go if you can.
    I am about to order mine, been to 6 of em always a good race, and an easy drive. My ? is how good of a seats (2) is available at this time. The fine print says that your first selection is not a guarantee and they will try to get you as close to your selection as possible. That sounds like a shot in the dark being last minute. Called today and got machine at both #s, left message. Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLER7FAN View Post
    Called today and got machine at both #s, left message. Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Same thing happened to me. I called a couple times back in February a week or so after they went on sale, never got an answer or a call back after I left a message. Anyone know when a good time to call would be? If all else fails I'll just try to get there super early and grab one of the open seats (pretty sure there is a section or two that are open from what I remember looking at the seating chart).

The only open seating is the bottom 10 rows on the backstretch.

Quote Originally Posted by bigq11 View Post
    The only open seating is the bottom 10 rows on the backstretch.
    How's the view from there?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LMPunk View Post
    How's the view from there?
    )

Theres nothing on the infield (unless you count too many fans there). No obstucted view. The lighting at the track is by far the best in the country IMO. I've only seen a few bad races there in 18-20 years of the big races I have been too, IE-N/S,Ironman,Lathem Mem,Spring 50,Fall 50. I have some N/S videos that I bought if that is any indication of how good the racing can be.

Last year was the first N/S I missed in 18 years , looks as if I'll probably miss this one as well (not by choice).

I would recommend that if you stay for the entire race, don't even try to get out of the parking lot , unless your in the front lot. We have waited as long as over an hr and close to two hours getting out if your parked in the field next to the track. Go walk thru the pits after the race and let the parking take care of itself while your walking around.

If you don't get a reserved seat, maybe have someone save you a seat as the unreserved get caution taped and blanketed early (did in the past).

If you sit on the back stretch bleachers, the track is so close to the stands that it literal looks like the cars are gonna drive right under you (IMO lol). Just got to deal with the sun in your eyes until it goes down.
    Last edited by Bill31; 07-30-2015 at 09:35 AM.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!