Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The party at florence is much better than eldora these days, i like the racing better as well. Ive made the north south my go to for the year instead of the world. already got the camper out ready to head north.

I have only been too the North/South one time and it was a great experience. The people around that area were so friendly and the track was easy to access with Cincinnati being really close and a ton of things to do during the day. The race itself was great, I went the year Darren Miller held off Bloomquist at the line for the win and Shannon Babbs car caught fire on the last lap. I have never seen a track get that black and be that great of a race. If you have never been there I would suggest going.

Their beloved "BLACK ICE" seems to be a thing of the past. The racing now is just as good if not better.

Ive made it the last 3-4 years .... Most the nite was 3 wide racing ... Right before the A main they stop & re work the track ! They take alot of time re working it .... More than it seems like they should ... So after wards it seems like a Top groove ....Maybe its the harder tires for the 100 laps .... Maybe some one else could comment too ....

Default Live?

You guys have all been full of great information!I can't promise you guys, but I may try this periscope thing out and try to broadcast some of the North/South racing/ activities at the track if anyone would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by LMPunk View Post
    How's the view from there?
    I would say fairly good, but you will be facing the Sun until it gets low.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I would say fairly good, but you will be facing the Sun until it gets low.
    Thanks, fellas. I'll give'em another try with a call tomorrow before the deadline for reserved seats even though I haven't had any luck yet. Hotel's already booked so I'll stand there if need be haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish N Rice 11 View Post
    i reccomend turning left and going twoards verona (everyone usually turns right for the MOST part)4. Theres good food from Warsaw (south on 42) all the way to florence.
    I found this route to be quite useful a couple years ago. I think it was the year Nick Lyons tried to turn left leaving the track and got his hauler stuck in the ditch. I didn't have a phone with GPS at the time. So I went left and turned at the first road that went left after that and it brought me back 75 with some food joints. The road would be awesome on a bike, not so fun in a car haha.

It's even worse in a hauler!!!lol Our first trip there we took that road(the 14, I believe), quite exciting!.

There is also FREE camping on the campground property, and a state park not far from there BUT with the new format of no qualifying (yes I hate qualifying) and the double heats, passing points method you get so much more racing for your money and it's racing I promise you (at least it has been the last several years) ...this is one race I wouldn't miss for anything each year now with the new format!
    A member from back in the day....

you can probably expect the #6 to take the checkered flag

Quote Originally Posted by TALON75 View Post
    It's even worse in a hauler!!!lol Our first trip there we took that road(the 14, I believe), quite exciting!.
    I think you are right on the route number. Man that was mistake....I couldn't imagine bringing a rig down that road. So much for the shortest distance huh? Lol

Default south

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I found this route to be quite useful a couple years ago. I think it was the year Nick Lyons tried to turn left leaving the track and got his hauler stuck in the ditch. I didn't have a phone with GPS at the time. So I went left and turned at the first road that went left after that and it brought me back 75 with some food joints. The road would be awesome on a bike, not so fun in a car haha.
    yes either way but after hour and 10 minutes wait to even get to 42.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    yes either way but after hour and 10 minutes wait to even get to 42.
    I'm talking about going out left out of race track, not even heading towards Florence city direction, I'm guessing you are talking about heading back to Richwood? That maybe what Talon is talking about. I don't know any routes, I just know how to get there and home haha. Either one of those ways are goat paths, and are not meant for semis at all.

I don't know how you can say it is always a good race ? People have come on 4m year after year after the n/s complaining about the track conditions and no passing etc............... We'll see the sunday after i guess !!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to it also, this will be my first time going to Florence. Just hoping for good weather and great racing. As you guys were talking about earlier, I went to Eldora so many times that we haven't been back since 09, we have tried other races like World Finals, Silver Dollar Nat's, and now Florence. I enjoy seeing the different tracks and what they have to offer. Sometimes you get stuck in a groove and never quit and you are missing out on other great places as well.

Hell yeah, finally got through to the ticket office this morning and got some good looking seats up in Section J. Better late than never on that discounted price. Gonna be a long six days of work before I head north next Friday morning.

I always set in the general admission seats on the back stretch. I like the view better down close. nothing at florence to hinder your view down low

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    I don't know how you can say it is always a good race ? People have come on 4m year after year after the n/s complaining about the track conditions and no passing etc............... We'll see the sunday after i guess !!!!!!!!
    Nobody said that last year.

There also has been a lot of rain this year so hopefully it will be a good show !!!!!!